ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > FARR Plugins and Aliases

FCalc/FarFox Plugin Delays

<< < (3/3)

jgpaiva:
Nope I can't:
-d4ni (August 27, 2008, 06:13 PM)
--- End quote ---
That's pretty strange, I suppose the forum software is random :)
But don't worry, just edit your post to "please remove this post", or something like that and I guarantee you it won't last long ;)

d4ni:
Heh yeah I noticed my other post was removed as well so I'll trust in your message-removing-skills ;)

Christian.Eitner:
Dear mouser,

Sorry for the late answer, but I was on a lengthy business trip.

if you uncheck those folders, does the problem go away?
-mouser (August 24, 2008, 01:00 PM)
--- End quote ---

No, the delay is still there.

Cheers,

Christian

Christian.Eitner:
Dear d4ni,

On a side note, why did you add all those folders to your search folders? Doesn't it make farr very slow, as it has to search %programfiles% and %windir% all the time? Shortcuts to programs should be placed in the start menu, which should be searched, but why the %programfiles% folder itself?
-d4ni (August 24, 2008, 05:02 PM)
--- End quote ---

Well, the search order is start menus first, then file folders. If something is hidden in the file system, it's ok for me to wait a little.

It might be better for your to use a launcher which does index files, not search all folders during keystrokes, like Launchy.

--- End quote ---

I used to use Launchy before FARR, but the new release with the 'improved' GUI had a lot of problems. I don't care, since that was the reason I found (and fell in love with) FARR  :D

Cheers,

Christian

d4ni:
I see. I just think it takes way too much time this way :) One more suggestion: Google/Microsoft Desktop Search. They work quite well, and can search in documents as well which is nice. Obviously they would complement, and not replace, farr. I don't use these programs myself, but that's mainly because I use FARR alot more to RUN stuff than to FIND it (I always know where stuff is that I want to run) ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version