ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

In search of ideal backup utility

<< < (18/20) > >>

tslim:
But couldn't you use something separate just for registry?
-Armando (September 03, 2008, 01:48 AM)
--- End quote ---
I could. But I don't want to.

tslim:
In fact,
SyncBackPro still miss a minor thing, it can't let me decide whether a folder junction should be treated as a file item or an ordinary folder (thus backup whatever pointed by it), instead it strictly treats folder junction as the former.
Anyway, this feature is quite minor, I don't really insist of having this one.

MerleOne:
I think there is also a new  contender in the area : TK8 Backup (http://www.tk8.com/backup/), pro version preferably.  It's a new product but very promising, in particular it has a very quick backup engine.  I like the straightforward interface and the direct management of saved files.  However, IMHO, this software is still lacking some important features such a verify, especially when burning on DVD.  Future versions could be nice.  I purchased a license through Bitsdujour rebate some months ago.

Armando:
Thanks MerleOne.

On the feature page, they say :

"Folder monitoring to auto start backup tasks when file change is detected"

Seems like a nice feature. Do you use it, and does it work well?

And how about backing up locked files ? I'm having problems using the volume Shadow Copy service, and wondering if TK8 Backup uses the same technique...

MerleOne:
Thanks MerleOne.

On the feature page, they say :

"Folder monitoring to auto start backup tasks when file change is detected"

Seems like a nice feature. Do you use it, and does it work well?

And how about backing up locked files ? I'm having problems using the volume Shadow Copy service, and wondering if TK8 Backup uses the same technique...
-Armando (October 08, 2008, 10:22 AM)
--- End quote ---

I have not tried this feature yet and about locked file, I suppose it is VSS since there is no extra software installed, which I also like.

Actually, the publisher responds always quickly to inquiries, I am sure he can give more details.  If I can manage, I'll try to look deeper and let you know here.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version