ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Official DonationCoder.com Reviews

Best Anti-virus

<< < (3/5) > >>

dantheman:
m_s,

Does NOD have free version?
How is it on system resources?

Thanks for your input!

DTM

m_s:
No, there's no free version, unfortunately, though they do have some free tools for cleaning and diagnosis on their website, and you can download a 30 day trial version from www.eset.com.  I find it runs very light - right now, it's using about 15mb memory in total (two components combined).  I'm running it on two Win XP machines, and have run it on two other machines with Win 98 (there are different versions of the program for Win XP and 98) - it's the only antivirus I've used where there seems to be no visible lag on the system.

Carol Haynes:
The only problem I have noticed with NOD32 is the manual scanning of archives seems to cause a pause in my system. Otherwise it runs extremely light - it is one of its real pluses (and good protection of course). NOD32 is the choice of gamers (not that I am one) because it is so low impact.

I'm just hoping they aren't going to join on the bandwaggon with all the other software houses and produce a bloatware-version to compete!

m_s:
I have heard a rumour (perhaps even started it, because I had word of it from an Eset engineer and then posted something about it here and at Wilders) that they are planning to integrate a firewall in the new year... And Kerio's stopping their personal firewall... And I think there's a rumour of Eset and Kerio merging or something like that.  Oh, well, if there wasn't that rumour before, now it'll start running!   ;)

mouser:
kerio and tiny are great lessons to developers of how to take a fantastic simple small program that is much loved, and turn it into an unfinishable giant mess that no one can use..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version