ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Music files 101

<< < (8/8)

Curt:
The time has gone,
-Curt (December 08, 2008, 02:54 AM)
--- End quote ---

actually the time has come
-SKesselman (December 08, 2008, 05:03 PM)
--- End quote ---

:D

-----

Everything seems very complicated right now in all facets of computing, so I've backed off quite a bit, hoping that, in time, things will become simple again.
-SKesselman (December 08, 2008, 05:03 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, this is so sad, isn't it. New programs and new systems are all meant to make things even easier. But somehow the sum make things get more and more complicated. Strange! The symptom is a little like when I was young and we all should adopt quadrophonic sound. Everybody cheered, but the manufacturers couldn't agree on one system only, so we ended up with several systems, until people gave up understanding the differences, and quadrophonic sound became a failure. The list of similar examples is long, and may include computing itself.

Carol Haynes:
That's called entropy ;)

SKesselman:
-sorry, useless rant removed by me...-

Curt:
- double entropy, I guess. If we rant loud enough - and the manufacturers listens, and they try to set up a solution - they cannot agree on the best solution. So in the end the result of our ranting make things even more complicated!!!

:-[  sorry, I couldn't help it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version