ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Special User Sections > Site/Forum Features

An Idea: Make it Easy For DC Users To Show A Page of Their Posts

<< < (2/3) > >>

app103:
I love the idea!

It could also be nice if one could customize it to only show selected posts. That way a coding snack author could use it as a mini website to show off just their coding snacks and other software they have created as a result of being a DC member, and not include any other posts, if they don't want them.

Maybe even allow users to publish to it from their private area and actually use it as a blog, if they want.

As far as the look and style, I think it would be cool if it had the look and feel of the DC blog.

Might be easier too. You could allow users to promote their own posts to their own blog page in the same manner that posts are currently promoted to the dc blog.  :)

mouser:
As far as the look and style, I think it would be cool if it had the look and feel of the DC blog.  Might be easier too.
--- End quote ---

indeed it might.. the custom "blog" system i wrote for dc basically allows you to take any post and make it a blog entry, with it's own excerpt, a thumbnail image from the post or one from a collection.  there is a publication date for each entry, and a rudimentary tagging system.  with a little bit of extra work i could let each user create and manage their own "blog" using this system, with different sections corresponding to tags.

superboyac:
This is an awesome idea.  Kind of like what I'm trying to do with one of the sections of the website I've started.  Maybe, once you figure it out, I can copy it somehow into my website.  That's all I do anyway...copy everyone else's great ideas.  I can't help it, good is good!

mouser:
That's all I do anyway...copy everyone else's great ideas.
--- End quote ---

well, now you really are ready for grad school  :P

cranioscopical:
now you really are ready for grad school-mouser (August 13, 2008, 12:52 AM)
--- End quote ---
I too, except in my case you left off the 'e'.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version