ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

AINOP Wireless

<< < (4/4)

allen:
It's not the router, as I can plug directly into the line--skipping the router--and it's the same BS.  As for the adapter . . . we've swapped that out several times over the course of them coming out. On the 4th or 5th one now, I think?  I'm pretty sure it's just a matter of them being incapable of serving a decent connection and being too greedy to tell me to keep my money, they can't provide me service.

We've since met a few other AINOP customers -- all of whom have described precisely the same disappointing experience.  It's nice to know we're not alone, though a bit unnerving that they're still in business.  And the Better Business Bureau is a joke, immediately siding with the company.

Our only consolation is that this limping excuse for connectivity is only going to torment us for another month or two.

digitaltrifecta:
AINOP Wireless is a poor connection at best in terms of speed compared to larger companies like TWC & Verizon/Fairpoint. The sad thing is that AINOP Wireless is still growing only because of the fact that those larger companies can't reach you all who have the wireless. AINOP specifically states that the connection is not designed for Gaming whatsoever and I would never suggest trying to unless you are in direct view of one of their towers, and even then they will limit your bandwidth if they notice you sucking up more than they want you too (trust me I know).

allen:
Yeah, we could see the tower. Took very little to convince them to throttle us to a slow trickle.  I struggled to even do basic web development on their server -- after one or two ftp uploads, all uploads would fail.  Apparently their Internet connection isn't intended with *usage* in mind.  Designed to pay for it and forget it.

And yes, their growth is *solely* the result of their being the only option in many, such as ours, cases.  It was a happy day when we called in to cancel prior to moving.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version