ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

which operating system you like most....

<< < (12/15) > >>

wreckedcarzz:
Yea, but still, I would IMMENSELY enjoy (being very basic on word choice, I would need a thesaurus to fully express my imaginative energy explosion about this) playing some Crysis or COD4 during class... TrackMania, Halo, CS:S (that apparently is "not school appropriate"... :-\ ;D), The Sims 2 and Sauerbraten get old after a bit. And 1.6GHz Celeron M and Radeon 9600 Mobility 64MB (AGP) don't cut it much anymore.

*Goes off to install Need for Speed Most Wanted*

f0dder:
Play during class? Kiddo, take your education seriously - trust me, you'll regret it if you don't.

My (first ever!) laptop should arrive today, btw. 2GHz Core2 P7350, 2gig ram, intel GMA X4500HD. Heck, the X4500 should even be powerful enough to play a few games... but not during class :)

wreckedcarzz:
Who says that Trackmania <> Visual Basic .NET? ;D ;D ;D

My b-day is coming up in a month, and I'm looking to actually get a new laptop - a crappy one, but nonetheless, a new one for me. Something non-Windows... an old iBook or an EEE, if I can find one cheap enough. I can't afford a Vista laptop, and XP + Vista Transformation (I am doing that now) is working out fine :)

Anyone got opinions on either of the above (older Mac laptops (for experimenting only, nothing major) and/or eeePCs? Or anything running gOS)?

f0dder:
Why on earth would you want a Vista transformation pack for XP? Getting the useless glitz without the worthwhile kernel improvements? O_o

From what I heard, the MSI Wind computers pack a little more punch than the ASUS EEEs. Guy from school has an EEE, and it's pretty cute... but you don't want to use it for anything heavier than web browsing and some light office tasks. JAVA development, even the simple stuff at school, is a bit of a challenge.

PS: check out if your school is part of the MSDNAA program - that would be a pretty cheap :) way for you to get a legit Windows license.

Darwin:
So... f0dder, has your new notebook arrived? What do you think of Vista? Inquiring minds want to know...  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version