ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

which operating system you like most....

(1/15) > >>

kulwinder:
which operating system you like most? Window, Linux or MAC?

Stoic Joker:
Windows - Love it, & use it daily
LinuX - It's not for the masses, but it's a lot of fun to play with.
Mac - I absolutely detest pretty things that just don't work. Trying to install a printer driver on a Mac is the most over complicated bit of nonsense I've ever seen.

zridling:
Depends on what I'm doing. If I'm copying Netflix discs, Windows has easy software for it, and Vista-SP1 seems to be as solid as XP-SP3. For daily, routine productivity, music/video, and general cloud computing, it's [KDE] Linux these days. As a result, I now resent the trouble it takes to buy a computer without the cost of pre-installed Windows.

f0dder:
XP64 w/SP2 (XP64 follows 2k3 server service packs, not XP32 - so we're still on SP2) is my main OS. I'm going to get a laptop soonish, and there's probably no way around Vista then (*sigh*). Linux for server use.

I don't really like any of the current operating systems, but for me XP is definitely the least hassle for my desktop machine.

40hz:
which operating system you like most? Window, Linux or MAC?
-kulwinder (August 08, 2008, 12:57 AM)
--- End quote ---

I have to go along with f0dder. I don't like any of them, although I pretty much use Xubuntu and Windows XP for most of my day to day stuff.

For enterprise - favorite is BSD (Free or Open depending on purpose) followed by Win2K3 server.

P.S. Gonna get tricky with Linux. There are several popular desktop management systems running on roughly 300 active versions of Linux out there. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version