ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Announce Your Software/Service/Product

new birdy comic website from nudone and timns

<< < (6/11) > >>

nudone:
i've made a few changes to the appearance of the website, hopefully, covering the points Deozaan and mouser made above.

for those of you using an ad blocker like you Deozaan, you should see something else so the site shouldn't look so weird with large blank spaces.

mouser:
right well i see one big problem now.
the site looks too good.. no one is going to believe you aren't one of the top web designers on planet.

Deozaan:
i've made a few changes to the appearance of the website, hopefully, covering the points Deozaan and mouser made above.

for those of you using an ad blocker like you Deozaan, you should see something else so the site shouldn't look so weird with large blank spaces.
-nudone (August 10, 2008, 01:32 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hmm, well now it looks even more strange.

new birdy comic website from nudone and timns

I think the RSS and e-mail subscription images are supposed to highlight when you mouse over them, but here's what happens: The buttons at the top (where the ad banner should be) are the actual links that you are able to click. But when you mouse over them, the image disappears, probably in an attempt to show the "highlight" image, which is down below with the title banner.

But the images down below with the title banner aren't clickable.

mouser:
deo thats just your ad blocker messing with that top banner.

ps. nudone i dont know if this well help you but you should go into your html and css
and replace every occurence of "banner" with "bnr" or something like that.

not to defeat the ad blockers but because some ad blockers and other security apps will hide REAL content if the word "banner" is in the css class, etc.  i found that out the hard way when i called the top image on the donationcoder web pages "topbanner".

nudone:
thanks, but i already know the tip about changing the word "banner" as it's something i tend to spot using maxthon - i've had to give the advice out several times on this forum (i also gave it to DC as that used to use the word "banner" in the header image as you pointed out).

the problem is that there is no word "banner" in the adsense banners nor in my files so i'll have to use another method.

edit:
thanks for pointing out the problem. i've installed adblocker plus now so i can test things properly.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version