ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Mojave experiment: Vista from a different viewpoint

(1/3) > >>

lanux128:
it seems like Microsoft is trying a different approach to get Vista more endearing to the users. there is no content on the website yet, though.

from Slashdot

mouser:
thank god Microsoft has figured out that the cause of people's problems with vista have nothing to do with the actual operating system, but rather that they just need more trickery in their marketing campaigns.

it's almost enough to make me think that apple's marketing campaigns aren't really the most vomit inducing.

40hz:
thank god Microsoft has figured out that the cause of people's problems with vista have nothing to do with the actual operating system, but rather that they just need more trickery in their marketing campaigns.
-mouser (August 05, 2008, 10:04 AM)
--- End quote ---

I especially like how they've dealt with the embarrassment of low Vista sales figures by pulling XP off the market, but allowing you to "downgrade" a Vista license if you still want XP. Now all those XP sales have been magically converted to Vista sales, and XP no longer outsells Vista.

Man, with brains like these guys have they should be running for office. ;)

Here's an interesting post about the whole Mojave "experiment":
Microsoft has managed to prove that if you have a friendly expert on a controlled machine (with Vista pre-installed) showing a carefully selected subset of Vista features to an ignorant XP user for a few minutes, the XP user will often say he finds Vista acceptable. Wow.
--- End quote ---

Full post at: http://wilshipley.com/blog/2008/07/mojave-experiment-bad-science-bad.html

Dirhael:
I don't think they will change public perception much with this campaign, but Vista is nowhere near as bad as many out there seem to think...and yes, many of those bad-mouthing it have not used it. Also, the Windows Vista you are using today is a far cry from the version first released. Could it have been better? Well sure it could, but for the most part I do prefer it to XP (for one thing, it's a whole lot better at multitasking than XP ever was). The fact that it actually deals properly/natively with wireless networks is also a big "+" in my book, because XP never did.

cranioscopical:

Mojave -- no reason to desert XP!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version