ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > DC Gamer Club

Race Driver: GRID [LARGE IMAGES]

<< < (2/2)

Shades:
I would love to download the demo...however I am trying now for two weeks already to download the installer from Project Torque and can tell you that it is becomes rather hopeless to see that after three days(!) of downloading it just stops for no apparent reason (yes, internet is that slow for 50 us dollars monthly over here).

Having tried multiple download managers (NetTransport 1.87, DownThemAll! and GetRight) and different file hosters did not help one bit either.

The same happened with TrackMania Forever as well.

So you see there is a serious "cold turkey" effect going on here regarding racing games. :(

Deozaan:
Shades: Have you tried a bitTorrent?

Shades:
Shades: Have you tried a bitTorrent?
-Deozaan (August 03, 2008, 09:59 PM)
--- End quote ---

You have heard about the issue between the FCC and Comcast (about "traffic shaping")?

Here in Paraguay there is no such body as the FCC because the one and only telecom company (Copaco) is owned by the state. That company controls the internet backbone to this country.

From very reliable sources I heard that bittorent and any other p2p traffic is practically "shaped" out of existence. They use the fiber for VOIP lines to the outside world because that is more profitable.

There are several GSM carriers here that offer internet through their own lines but they have ridiculously low download limits (2Gbyte for 40 USD monthly). Unfortunately I don't know anyone with cable internet from the one and only cable company MultiCanal, so I can't say anything about their rules of engagement.

HTTP and FTP traffic is reasonably fast and is not capped by (my) provider Copaco.

Deozaan:
Tell me the demos you want and the max file size and I can make a split archive for you (with WinRAR) and put it somewhere you can download it in small doable chunks.

EDIT: By the way, this sounds like a great idea for a webservice! Give it a link for a large file, it automatically downloads, splits into chunks, then hosts the files while you download them!

wreckedcarzz:
BUMP! :)

FYI, I have all my game images available @ http://picasaweb.google.com/wreckedcarzz - just click the album of the game (in this case, "GRID Images") to see all my screenshots.

(By "all my screenshots", I mean every last one - I upload them on a weekly basis and delete them from my computer afterwards. If it isn't there, you can be 100% sure I don't have it).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version