ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Skimp or splurge?

<< < (7/11) > >>

ljbirns:
Cognac :Thmbsup:

If you are going to buy it  don't skimp    splurge  buy the best There IS a difference.

f0dder:
If you are going to buy it  don't skimp    splurge  buy the best There IS a difference.
-ljbirns (August 05, 2008, 06:11 PM)
--- End quote ---
On the other hand, you can get some decent cheap whiskeys. Obviously a Famous Grouse, Grant's, or Jack Daniels isn't going to be the same experience as a 12-year old Oban, but that doesn't mean it can't be an enjoyable experience, though :)

40hz:

-ljbirns (August 05, 2008, 06:11 PM)
--- End quote ---

Agreed. Ditto for a fine Port.  :Thmbsup:

On the other hand, you can get some decent cheap whiskeys. Obviously a Famous Grouse, Grant's, or Jack Daniels isn't going to be the same experience as a 12-year old Oban, but that doesn't mean it can't be an enjoyable experience, though :)-f0dder (August 05, 2008, 06:15 PM)
--- End quote ---

Also very true. I'm a big single malt fan. But Black & White scotch is surprisingly good. And the price is more than reasonable. (Best served straight up in front of the fireplace on a cool and sunny autumn afternoon!)  :Thmbsup:

ljbirns:
Vodka   on the other hand      The largest quantity possible for the least price possible

Nod5:
40hz: point taken. But I consider 20$ for a knife at least a semi-splurge. A decent IKEA knife goes for around 5$ you know ;)

I wish to file a friend-of-the-splurge brief for mousers tape splurge :) Tape, especially electrical tape, is one of the most handy things ever invented. Buy good quality stuff and buy enough to be able to have multiple rolls at various places around your house or apartment.

A general splurge rule: buy duplicates of small tools you use a lot and put in different places. That way you'll always have some close to hand and won't have to spend time searching for where you put them so often.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version