ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Skimp or splurge?

<< < (10/11) > >>

CWuestefeld:
check out Gorilla Glue as well.
-invenit (August 15, 2008, 10:48 AM)
--- End quote ---
This is the only thing I've found that provides a strong reliable bond with plastics. But I dislike its habit of foaming out from the seams.

Darwin:
check out Gorilla Glue as well.
-invenit (August 15, 2008, 10:48 AM)
--- End quote ---
This is the only thing I've found that provides a strong reliable bond with plastics. But I dislike its habit of foaming out from the seams.
-CWuestefeld (August 15, 2008, 10:57 AM)
--- End quote ---

Love it too... Only problem is that it expands (20% if memory serves), so you can't really use it to repair anything in which expansion will be a (negative) issue.

sean421:
Mmmm, Glue! IMHO, JB-Weld and/or JB-Kwik rock!  :-* Good for anything too heavy for Krazy Glue! ....well, maybe not wood (carpentry-type) fastening, but still...
Gorilla Tape =  :Thmbsup:

Splurge: Good Headphones - see GoodCans.com http://www.goodcans.com/ for some excellent reviews.
Speakers, I go with 'Good Budget', but when I really want to HEAR music, can't beat good headphones - also, 'Stock' earbuds almost universally are Crappy  - Try REAL headphones or GOOD earbuds, and your opinion of your MP3 Player (or soundcard, etc.) will probably go WAY up!  :Thmbsup:

Splurge on Good Tools - Crimpers, Multi-Tools, Screwdrivers, Knives, Pliers, Wire-Cutters, etc - eBay may have cheap ones, but it shows!

Worth Splurging - A Good Woman!  :-* (or your partner of choice)

CWuestefeld:
Splurge on Good Tools - Crimpers, Multi-Tools, Screwdrivers, Knives, Pliers, Wire-Cutters, etc - eBay may have cheap ones, but it shows!
-sean421 (August 15, 2008, 01:16 PM)
--- End quote ---

There's an eddy in the time-space continuum where my screwdrivers all migrate. (I believe it's located next to the place where socks go)

So screwdrivers are definitely not a splurge item for me.

Deozaan:
I bought a screwdriver with 6 bits at the dollar store. I used it without complaint for a few months, but then while working inside my computer I found out why it was only a dollar.

I don't know if the bits softened with time or I just never used it on any screws that were really tight until then, but those screwdriver bits seemed only as hard as refrigerated butter. I couldn't believe how easy they bent and became unusable.

Thanks to the good advice of app103, I went to a hardware store and spent about $15 on a screwdriver set with a lifetime guarantee. I have absolutely no complaints about this new one and it was worth "splurging" for a good set of tools that don't fall apart when you're dealing with the internal workings of a PC (or anything else that requires a screwdriver).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version