ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Your most used SPECIAL programs

<< < (32/39) > >>

40hz:

Check this program out. The absolute best freebie for writers: http://www.spacejock.com/yWriter5.html

-sazzen (January 05, 2011, 09:01 AM)
--- End quote ---

@sazzen- Great recommendation! 8)

yWriter has been a perennially popular writer's tool. And with good reason. It's a great piece of software. It was one of the first writing apps I ever tried. It worked well enough that I wound up using it almost exclusively for a couple of years. That's a lot more than I can say about some things I paid beau coup bucks for.

Before I bought anything, I'd follow your recommendation and give yWriter a try first. With a little luck it just might be the only thing like that you'll ever need to install.

:Thmbsup:

Dormouse:
From what I have read (I've not tried it) Outline 4D seems to be aimed at screen writers. I did also note a comment somewhere that it was basically a 2005 program that hadn't been updated since (except for something very marginal) and was freshened up by being given a new name - but still the same program underneath. Not really a problem,, I suppose, if it is already as good as it needs to be.

KynloStephen66515:
AA!!  40hz...that 4d thing looks great.  There are too many good options for outlining out there!

I'm trying to figure out the best way to do all the stuff necessary to write a story with.  I like Liquid Story binder as an all in one package, but these outliners and stuff have certain things that are very nice.  Between InfoQube, Onenote, Evernote, now this...I don't know.  I shouldn't stress...I should just use what I have and wait for the need to arise.
-superboyac (January 04, 2011, 03:04 PM)
--- End quote ---
Check this program out. The absolute best freebie for writers: http://www.spacejock.com/yWriter5.html
-sazzen (January 05, 2011, 09:01 AM)
--- End quote ---

Ill double that reccomendation...yWriter is extremely powerfull for a serious writer...however, try to get everything outlines in a non-feature-heavy software first (like notepad) otherwise you will spend most of your time playing with the features, and no time writing!

40hz:
From what I have read (I've not tried it) Outline 4D seems to be aimed at screen writers. I did also note a comment somewhere that it was basically a 2005 program that hadn't been updated since (except for something very marginal) and was freshened up by being given a new name - but still the same program underneath. Not really a problem,, I suppose, if it is already as good as it needs to be.
-Dormouse (January 05, 2011, 11:58 AM)
--- End quote ---

Well...it is an outliner.

And it is primarily designed for writers,

And screenwriters.

So...I don't know how much more they can do to it function or feature-wise before it morphs into something else.  
 :)

J-Mac:
Yeah, I was looking at Outline 4D for its outline features actually, as opposed to its writing features. I am writing scripts for small live acts and while writing the script isn't a problem (yet!) pulling everything together is. Such as props needed, whether or not I have all the needed props or need to procure them, etc. It's the overall picture that is difficult to keep together for each act rather than the writing function itself. Presently I'm using a pretty simple database program, which doesn’t quite meet the needs.

Thanks!

Jim

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version