ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Your most used SPECIAL programs

<< < (31/39) > >>

J-Mac:
Kind of insane, I'll agree. But then I have to consider what a lot of people who use this type of software are like. Last time I sat in on a workshop, I think there were maybe three out of 150 who weren't using pirated software. Most seemed to think it funny someone actually paid for their copy of Final Draft.

Sad.

-40hz (January 04, 2011, 03:36 PM)
--- End quote ---

Does anyone here think that those who pirate software would be likely to purchase a copy and then request a refund? I don’t think so. I think that only someone seriously considering the program would shell out that much up front. But then again I am probably way off there. Who knows anymore!

Jim

KynloStephen66515:
Does anyone here think that those who pirate software would be likely to purchase a copy and then request a refund? I don’t think so. I think that only someone seriously considering the program would shell out that much up front. But then again I am probably way off there. Who knows anymore!

Jim
--- End quote ---

As somebody who, will openly admiot to pirating software, I can say no, we wouldnt simply request a refund.

Now let me explain more about me being a pirate **arr**

Ever downloaded a "demo" of a product, only to find out it has a severe time limit, or 80% of its functions are locked out? or simply, have no demo at all, and you have to trust other users and screenshots to shell out what could be thousands of $$,  Annoying isnt it...hows that a true 'test' period? - This is why I pirate...If I come accross software I feel I may purchase, but want to take for a test run first, and the demos (or lack there of) have these constraints, I turn to piracy, take the software for a short test-run (usually a month or two), NEVER release anything created from that peice of illegal software, and figure out if its worth my time.  If it is, I simply backup my files, uninstall, return to the website, purchase, download, install, and use as normal...if not, uninstall, delete, forget...with no hole in my wallet :)

I honestly dont care about the ethics of that, and in fact, if I made software to the price of packages like Maya and Pinnacles...I would either offer a suitable demo, or reccomend people to head off to The Pirate Bay :)

-Stephen

f0dder:
Kind of insane, I'll agree. But then I have to consider what a lot of people who use this type of software are like. Last time I sat in on a workshop, I think there were maybe three out of 150 who weren't using pirated software. Most seemed to think it funny someone actually paid for their copy of Final Draft.

Sad.-40hz (January 04, 2011, 03:36 PM)
--- End quote ---

Jim-J-Mac (January 04, 2011, 11:57 PM)
--- End quote ---
I definitely wouldn't - but then I definitely wouldn't shell out just to be able to try a program, requesting a refund is too much hassle. So, like Stephen, I'd look around for a pirated copy instead. And that's how I ended up purchasing RegEx Buddy, which has no trial but a 100% refund guarantee :)

40hz:

Sad.-40hz (January 04, 2011, 03:36 PM)
--- End quote ---

Jim-J-Mac (January 04, 2011, 11:57 PM)
--- End quote ---
I definitely wouldn't - but then I definitely wouldn't shell out just to be able to try a program, requesting a refund is too much hassle. So, like Stephen, I'd look around for a pirated copy instead. And that's how I ended up purchasing RegEx Buddy, which has no trial but a 100% refund guarantee :)
-f0dder (January 05, 2011, 05:37 AM)
--- End quote ---

Just for the record, Final Draft retails (street) for $185 USD, ships with a 30-day money back guarantee, allows for multiple installs (with 2 copies active at the same time), and has a free full feature demo available.

FYI: There are free and less expensive equivalent products available.  :)

sazzen:
AA!!  40hz...that 4d thing looks great.  There are too many good options for outlining out there!

I'm trying to figure out the best way to do all the stuff necessary to write a story with.  I like Liquid Story binder as an all in one package, but these outliners and stuff have certain things that are very nice.  Between InfoQube, Onenote, Evernote, now this...I don't know.  I shouldn't stress...I should just use what I have and wait for the need to arise.
-superboyac (January 04, 2011, 03:04 PM)
--- End quote ---
Check this program out. The absolute best freebie for writers: http://www.spacejock.com/yWriter5.html

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version