ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Your most used SPECIAL programs

<< < (29/39) > >>

superboyac:
AA!!  40hz...that 4d thing looks great.  There are too many good options for outlining out there!

I'm trying to figure out the best way to do all the stuff necessary to write a story with.  I like Liquid Story binder as an all in one package, but these outliners and stuff have certain things that are very nice.  Between InfoQube, Onenote, Evernote, now this...I don't know.  I shouldn't stress...I should just use what I have and wait for the need to arise.

Curt:
http://www.screenplay.com/t-returns.aspxAll programs and books purchased directly from Write Brothers, Inc. include a full money back guarantee less shipping charges incurred on the original order.
--- End quote ---
-Curt (January 04, 2011, 03:07 AM)
--- End quote ---
Now that sounds more interesting! In that case I might give it a try, though I still HATE to part with my money first and then try to retrieve it if it doesn’t work out.
-J-Mac (January 04, 2011, 01:12 PM)
--- End quote ---

It gets even worse:

When returning a download only order, we ask that you call Write Brothers, Inc. directly so we may provide you with an Intellectual Property letter for you to sign which states you have removed the program from all computers.  

When this letter is faxed to our offices at 818-843-8364, we will initiate the refund process within 1 business day.  When calling, please have your order number and/or customer ID number ready so we may more conveniently service you.
--- End quote ---

They don't make it too easy.

40hz:
Kind of insane, I'll agree. But then I have to consider what a lot of people who use this type of software are like. Last time I sat in on a workshop, I think there were maybe three out of 150 who weren't using pirated software. Most seemed to think it funny someone actually paid for their copy of Final Draft.

Sad.

40hz:
Just to shift gears a moment: one new "special" app I've been getting a lot of mileage out of over the past year is something called Outline 4D published by Write Brothers Inc.
-40hz (January 02, 2011, 07:58 PM)
--- End quote ---

40hz, is that as it looks, a single-pane outliner?  That now seems rarer than two-pane, but looks to me better for writing documents as opposed to storing information.  From their Web site, it sounds a bit like a subset of ECCO.
-rjbull (January 04, 2011, 02:29 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yup. The rarest of rare birds these days. Single pane with hoist and collapse features (guess its called "folding" now) just the way the angels intended it. Haven't seen one of those since the days of MaxThink or Acta, have ya? ;D

I own an old copy of Ecco. Used to be a big fan. 4D's not that much like it IMHO. It reminds me more of Acta than anything else except it has features specifically geared towards fiction writing built into it.

wraith808:
You've convinced me to give it a try, when from the beginning, I hadn't really paid much attention to it. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version