ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Your most used SPECIAL programs

<< < (27/39) > >>

cranioscopical:
Just to understand better, do you have a knowledgebase open when you try that operation?
-cranioscopical (January 02, 2011, 10:30 AM)
--- End quote ---

do you need to have a file open in order to clip from the web? (just checking - it's not clear to me from the responses)

-tomos (January 02, 2011, 11:45 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, you do. It won't work for me without an open file.
I can clip from the page that Curt cites with no trouble at all…

Your most used SPECIAL programs

I just clipped this bit of text at random from the page and this is a screen grab of the result.

As a start, the thing to do would be File/open/MyKnowledge.Surfulater (assuming that exists… it's the default, I think)
or
File/New/[any name you want]

Hope that helps

[Edit for dumb typos]

Curt:
Just to understand better, do you have a knowledgebase open when you try that operation?-cranioscopical (January 02, 2011, 10:30 AM)
--- End quote ---
do you need to have a file open in order to clip from the web? (just checking - it's not clear to me from the responses)-tomos (January 02, 2011, 11:45 AM)
--- End quote ---

-oh... I had closed the "MyKnowledge"-tab.
Now I opened it and made a new clip, and all is well.

-Curt (January 02, 2011, 12:39 PM)
--- End quote ---

cranioscopical:
made a new clip, and all is well
-Curt (January 02, 2011, 04:41 PM)
--- End quote ---

:Thmbsup:

40hz:
Just to shift gears a moment: one new "special" app I've been getting a lot of mileage out of over the past year is something called Outline 4D published by Write Brothers Inc.

This truly is an outliner/brainstorming app "on steroids." (As their sales literature so aptly puts it. :mrgreen:)

Ostensibly designed for writers and writing projects, but I've also used it for website information design, project planning, and general creative tasks.

Not inexpensive by any stretch. But if it's the type of app you can see a use for, it's well worth checking out. I have yet to see anything equivalent that does half as much half as easily. Publisher List: $99 (Street: $89/box-$79/download.) Occasionally goes on sale at various seller sites so be sure to shop around before purchasing.

(Don't let the garish colors throw you. You can change them to anything you want.)

Note: This is one of those apps that you have to experience before you can grok all it can do for you. And it's also expensive and specialized enough that you had best try it out before you key in your credit card info. There's a 5-day trial copy download available here.

-----------
Obligatory disclaimer: 40hz is not affiliated with Write Brothers, Inc. nor does he receive any consideration for saying such nice things about their product Outline 4D. He found his copy on sale for $69 and paid for it just like everyone else does.

Curt:
Just to shift gears a moment: ...-40hz (January 02, 2011, 07:58 PM)
--- End quote ---

No, not just for a moment. Your post is on the right original track, Thanks!, this is what I intended the thread to be about :-)

Reading about the companies' many programs, I realize the hardest part to begin with may be figuring out what program I need. I have purchased quite a number of the kind that I don't use, because I never had the patience to thoroughly first study the market. The price tags on screenplay.com's products makes it important (for me) to pick the right version from the beginning!

However, I do like the idea behind their relative cheap "Word Menu", it sounds as a fine way to improve on my English-skills. The WhiteSmoke that I have, never really made any difference to me.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version