ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Your most used SPECIAL programs

<< < (24/39) > >>

cranioscopical:
Am I the only one to be sadly surprised that it doesn't close on Escape?
-Curt (January 01, 2011, 05:55 PM)
--- End quote ---

Quite possibly  ;)
Personally, I'd hate it to close on escape.

tomos:
Thanks for the recommendations of surfulater, cranioscopical, cyberdiva, and J-Mac.

Am I the only one to be sadly surprised that it doesn't close on Escape?

Ctrl+F4 and Alt+F4 are simply not my understanding of fast-to-use hotkeys!
-Curt (January 01, 2011, 05:55 PM)
--- End quote ---

I can relate to that - I wish PDF readers closed on escape - then again I've set up a Ctrl+Q hotkey to close the active window.
On topic:
my experience is that the Surfulater developer (dc member Nevf) is responsive to ideas in the programme's forum

Curt:
My two cents:   WordWebPro,   ,   and my favorite word processor,  Atlantis.
-sazzen (January 01, 2011, 11:38 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks for telling, sazzen. Your post made me install Atlantis, and what a fine surprise it has already been. However, I also have WordWeb Pro 6, and when I (right-click a word in Alantis and) click 'Thesaurus', WordWeb will pop up and flicker extremely fast (more than maybe 10 times a second) and be useless. I must click Escape, to stop it. Do you have any problems integrating WordWeb Pro and Atlantis?

Besides, Atlantis gave me the same disappointing message that many other word processors also will give: "Sorry, our hyphenation module does not support your (Danish) language".

mwang:
Is Surfulater's license transferable? If so, you can have mine, Curt. After waiting for more than a year, it still doesn't support unicode, on top of other issues.

For now I use OneNote. May give IQ another shot (tried and failed several times already) when I have time to learn it properly, but that may never happen.

Anyway, you could have mine, for free, or donate whatever amount you see fit to DC.

sazzen:
My two cents:   WordWebPro,   ,   and my favorite word processor,  Atlantis.
-sazzen (January 01, 2011, 11:38 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks for telling, sazzen. Your post made me install Atlantis, and what a fine surprise it has already been. However, I also have WordWeb Pro 6, and when I (right-click a word in Alantis and) click 'Thesaurus', WordWeb will pop up and flicker extremely fast (more than maybe 10 times a second) and be useless. I must click Escape, to stop it. Do you have any problems integrating WordWeb Pro and Atlantis?

Besides, Atlantis gave me the same disappointing message that many other word processors also will give: "Sorry, our hyphenation module does not support your (Danish) language".

-Curt (January 02, 2011, 05:31 AM)
--- End quote ---
I never use the thesaurus in Atlantis - I use Mobysaurus instead - so I was unaware of the problem with WordWeb Pro. I always run WordWeb Pro separately. It sits there in the corner of my screen all day. Sorry about the Danish language problem. You might also have noticed that tables are absent from the program - thus far. In every other way the developers are responsive and helpful but only recently have they considered adding tables to Atlantis.

Did you purchase Surfulater?  That is a very nice price for a very nice application - depending on what you want to use it for. I use it to store web pages. Yes, I have version 3, I have not upgraded to the newest version - yet.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version