ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Your most used SPECIAL programs

<< < (11/39) > >>

Curt:
@ vixay - regarding Synergy: Can you disable / modify the common screensaver start/stop feature, so you have one or more screensavers running while you are working on one of the other screens at the same time?

f0dder:
40Hz: is LilyPond, by any chance, built ontop of TeX?

40hz:
40Hz: is LilyPond, by any chance, built ontop of TeX?
-f0dder (August 21, 2008, 09:30 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yes it is.  Good catch! :Thmbsup:

That gorgeous output quality is a dead giveaway isn't it?

(P.S. I checked the source code just to be sure.) ;D

f0dder:
Nice output quality yeah, but it was the syntax that tipped me off :). Does this mean that the program installs as many weird-ish programs "all over the place" and that it's pretty big? Or have they managed to condense and "self-contain" it? (I've used miktex on windows, and that felt... alien. Kinda like a unix program backported to windows ;) ;) ;) ).

cranioscopical:
Tom Rokicki's AmigaTeX was a nice implementation.  I wish I could find something as nice for Windows.  MiKTeX didn't seem as smooth but I did pour a lot of stuff through it.  The commercial versions of TeX (at least those at which I've looked) seem to be a bit expensive.  For most TeX stuff I've always found myself resorting to a lazy configuration of LaTeX, driven by a handful of external macros (which were a breeze to set up on the Amiga, using ARexx).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version