ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Your most used SPECIAL programs

<< < (5/39) > >>

Curt:
What a thrill it has been for me tonight, coming home after 7 hours of train travelling, and read all of your answers. Really exciting! Who would have dreamed that April is playing subsonic noise non-stop, merely to stay connected?!!  I sure hope more people will post & tell.  :up:

-
Amazon Unbox may be fine and cheap, but is only available to USA residents.

-
f0dder was of course right: My only reason for systematically destroying hundreds of images, is for the sake of making desktop wallpapers out of them.

Curt, this is an interesting topic but you may have to include a clause to exclude system diagnose tools as well. :)-lanux128 (August 01, 2008, 10:09 AM)
--- End quote ---

;D

I have a lot of the kind, but only keep Process Explorer open & visible (in sys-tray). Everything else is on demand only, when 'something' happens.

I will use the occasion to tell about the little but very fine ClickOff. It doesn't work too well on Vista, which the author doesn't have, so it may take a while before it fully will be Vistable. But I am running XP and have ClickOff placed in Start, and I like it a lot. After installing ClickOff you only need to answer questions like "are your sure you want to exit the program?" once!  :Thmbsup:

allen:
-Curt (August 02, 2008, 05:38 PM)
--- End quote ---

The question was what I enjoyed using, not what the world enjoyed using, right? :D

Curt:
-Curt (August 02, 2008, 05:38 PM)
--- End quote ---
The question was what I enjoyed using, not what the world enjoyed using, right? :D -allen (August 02, 2008, 11:59 PM)
--- End quote ---

- forgive me for the unintended curt tone. I was merely informing the public in general. I should of course have added the rest of the sentence >"- so unfortunately I am not able to try this app. Sigh!"< to give the intended meaning.

You are all most welcome to tell about programs unavailable to parts of the world.

Thank you for pointing out my authorial shortcoming!  :-[

J-Mac:
This thread is not what I expected at all!  I thought I had a good idea of what would be listed here, but I am seeing a lot of surprises!

My "special" programs:

The Journal for keeping several standard and specialized personal journals.

And next, my never-ending search for the most appropriate note/clipping/data collection app:  Ultra Recall, Evernote, SQL Notes.

Nothing else is really what I would call "Special".   :)

Just a quick OT re: Amazon Unbox - I tried it and then wiped it for good.  Amazingly intrusive T&C's come with Unbox, at least IMO.  I prefer to have control over the content placed on and removed from my computer.  Heckuva nice product otherwise, though!

Jim

Lashiec:
I still not understand what makes a program "special", but I give it a shot nonetheless :D

Some of my most "pedestrian" tools include things like Universal Extractor, handy for those installers, or obscure compression formats and Universal Viewer, thanks to its range of plugins and what you can achieve with them.

Then a bunch of the typical security-related tools, things like HijackThis, the Sysinternals and NirSoft gamut of utilities, and virtualization apps like VirtualBox, or sandboxes like Sandboxie

In the realm of the truly specialized apps, I use things like Skrommel's WinWarden, or the useful Tooltip Fix, rom tools like ClrMamePro, NSRT, and a few patchers, and some things for the college, like JFLAP, chip emulators and a tool to simulate digital logic circuits which I can't recall right now (as I don't have it installed)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version