ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Your most used SPECIAL programs

<< < (36/39) > >>

rjbull:
The default RIOT 0.3.3.0 plugin in IrfanView is a lite version, not an old version [...] maybe that was what you meant.-Curt (March 10, 2011, 04:18 PM)
--- End quote ---

It's what I couldn't remember  :-[  Thanks for the clarification!

sajman99:
Suppose you have a JPEG and are curious about its specs. Common questions could be...how much compression was used? was chroma subsampling used and how much? has the image been edited?

JPEGsnoop is a JPEG file decoding utility which can answer these types of questions.
http://www.impulseadventure.com/photo/jpeg-snoop.html :
JPEGsnoop reports a huge amount of information, including: quantization table matrix (chrominance and luminance), chroma subsampling, estimates JPEG Quality setting, JPEG resolution settings, Huffman tables, EXIF metadata, Makernotes, RGB histograms, etc. Most of the JPEG JFIF markers are reported. In addition, you can enable a full huffman VLC decode, which will help those who are learning about JPEG compression and those who are writing a JPEG decoder.

--- End quote ---

Neat little utility--seems "special" enough to me. And lots of interesting information on that ImpulseAdventure site.

NOTE: The site says its portable, but apparently they mean portable in the limited no-install sense (ie. JPEGsnoop writes to both registry and user data).

Curt:
-really fine :-) Thanks!

But, hmm..., "overload" springs to mind. Do you know if JPEGsnoop can be told to leave out certain informations? As an example, I really don't want the loooong lists of Huffman tables.

sajman99:
Ha! I know what you mean about overload--when they say "a huge amount of info" they mean just that.

Sorry, I checked and don't see how to exclude certain info such as the Huffman table data.

When I first started using JPEGsnoop, I was a bit overwhelmed as I parsed through all that info. Really more than I want to know, to be honest. At this point, I scroll to the bottom where quality %, chroma subsampling, and editing assessment are given.

Mattphoes:
Windows Clippings come to mind. The best screenshot software out there.

And PhraseExpress could be my next best friend. It is a Clipboard Manager and Text Replacment (Autotext) software.

SyncBack is the very best backup/dir sync util.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version