ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > DcUpdater

DcUpdater Feature Requests

<< < (3/5) > >>

owenduffy:

It would just be nice to see the accumulated list of bugs addressed sooner rather than later, it has been a very long time since an update.

DCUPDATER doesn't need to do more so much as do it a little better.

Owen

steeladept:
It is funny.  I had to reinstall a hard drive, and found many things I would like to see out of this updater, yet when I got here, it looks like Deo got them all covered.  Just as a bump and second, I want to point out in particular:

4) Room for a real, detailed description of the application. Maybe when it is clicked it expands a bit, kind of like Add/Remove Programs in the Control Panel. Along with this, information about the changes in the latest version.

5) A way to filter/sort applications by website, author, or something along those lines. It would be neat to be able to expand or collapse sections for Mouser's Software, Skrommel's 1-Hour Software, etc. This should also be available in the "Available for Installation" tab.

--- End quote ---

I would also like to add that it would be nice to select several and install all at once for these supposedly infrequent, but never the less common, occurrences.  Okay, in retrospect, I see this may be the last part of part 5, but I just wanted to make this request explicit.

mouser:
working on dcupdater now, just trying to decide on which things to work on it which order..

mouser:
I'd like to try to summarize the main things that im going to work on and keep this list updated:

1. Redesigned UI:

* Hierarchical tree of items so that plugins are grouped under main program for better organization
* Multiple tabs for things like: Installed Programs, Available for install from site X, Specific Program Y (if you launch dcupdater from a program for example it will show on this tab)
* A "slide" type multi-row view instead of grid view, since there is too much info for a grid to show any more
* More info about each program instead of just name.
2. Support for beta vs stable releases

* User should be able to choose if they want to be notified of only stable updates or every alpha and beta (per program?)
3. Better support for installing new programs

* DcUpdater can already install new programs that it knows about for you but perhaps this can be improved.
* Ability to be told about web pages where it can "discover" new programs available for installation.  This should make it possible for people to publish lists of installable tools that DcUpdater can check for updates on and install for you.
What else? Any innovative ideas people can think of?

czb:
not to create folders in FARR plugins folder for plugins available to download ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version