ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Windows 7 limited time upgrade discount starting tomorrow (June 26th)

<< < (8/8)

Carol Haynes:
If you order from Amazon they only charge your credit card when the item is posted to you so you can cancel orders at any time until it enters the packing phase. You also have the right to cancel an order after you receive the goods for 7 days (or is it 10) under the EU Distance Selling Regulations so even if you forget and they charge your card you can still claim back the money (less delivery charges).

Dormouse:
You also have the right to cancel an order after you receive the goods for 7 days (or is it 10) under the EU Distance Selling Regulations so even if you forget and they charge your card you can still claim back the money (less delivery charges).
-Carol Haynes (July 15, 2009, 01:49 PM)
--- End quote ---
Effectively means that if you cancel before they send it you get all your money back.

What interested me was the different prices they were charging.
Ebuyer and Amazon were at approx £45 for the Home version, Amazon were at approx £90 for the Pro version & Ebuyer were £80. Play.com were at full (MS) price for both.
And I still don't understand what is going on with Amazon having stuff on sale and then reverting to Signing up to be notified and back again. ATM, Home Version is back at signing up - will be interesting to see if it reappears for pre-order.

Dormouse:
"Windows 7 has become the fastest selling software operating system package at DSGi, owner of PC World, Currys and Dixons.co.uk", the company said in a statement.

"Demand in the first 12 hours of pre-order launch saw sales of Windows 7 exceed 25% of DSGi’s total annual sales of its predecessor, Windows Vista."

Carol Haynes:
And I still don't understand what is going on with Amazon having stuff on sale and then reverting to Signing up to be notified and back again. ATM, Home Version is back at signing up - will be interesting to see if it reappears for pre-order.
-Dormouse (July 15, 2009, 02:19 PM)
--- End quote ---

I think Amazon.co.uk had a quota for the number of bundles they could sell at intro price. Presumably they have been updating that quanitiy all day after contacting MS because of demand. Either that or people have been ordering and then cancelling freeing up some of the stock.

Dormouse:
Possibly. The very strange thing was that this started in the very early hours of the morning (I was checking all the activity etc from midnight onwards, firstly to buy the copies I needed and then because it all seemed quite odd).

I notice that Play.com now have the Home version at £79.99 so they seem to have sold out of that - and presumably Amazon have too. So those that haven't got it are probably too late (though I'm not going to check them all). Both still have the Pro version available.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version