ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Software Catalog - What Are You Using & How Do You Like It?

<< < (7/11) > >>

superboyac:
I tried Softcat, it's nice!  I like it.  I don't have much of a need for it, but if I did, I think it does a good job.  I can recommend it.

Curt:
This sure is a software catalogue, only  a different kind of catalogue. Damian666 ('Vistapack Project', and 'Replacer' (now version 1.4), Upxgui, and 'Windows Project Community' (administrator)) from the Netherlands has created a little program, Software Database (version 1.2), just for the same. This is not (yet) for license keys and such, but simply for keeping track of "what kind of programs do I have that can do what, and where are they?" Sounds like it could fill one of my needs...

Software Database Project

Ok, new one, a try to get my software organized and easy to find...
User can create his own categories, and place software in them on the fly.
Its even possible to remove, rename and export files which are stored in the database.

You can run files from within the database, the program also supports the movement from files between different categories.

As I said, a nice try :D
--- End quote ---

Description from:
http://damian666.boot-land.net/projects.html - scroll all down.

Download from: http://damian666.boot-land.net/downloads.html

J-Mac:
Curt,

If that is all that you need, it is available from a number of sources.  Ccleaner, SIW, jv16 Powertools, Revo Uninstaller, My Uninstaller, and many more.  All of those show you a detailed list that can be copied and pasted into a text file, and from there into Excel or OO Calc.

That's pretty much how I was doing it prior to purchasing SoftCAT.

Not trying to steer you away from the one you mentioned.  Just that you may already have one or more of the others that can already do that!

Thanks!

Jim

Curt:
You may have misread the post.

J-Mac:
You may have misread the post.
-Curt (August 05, 2008, 07:12 PM)
--- End quote ---

No, I don't think I did.  Do you mean about categories?  That's what I did in Excel - simple there.  Or if you insist on a database, once it is in Txt, csv, type file, I can put it into Access, Ultra Recall, SQLNotes - any simple or complex DB program.

Unless I misread something else?

Jim

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version