ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

The InfoWorld Programming IQ Test

<< < (2/3) > >>

f0dder:
I'm autodidact as well, Joker, and I usually suck at history. But programming-related stuff tends to stick :)

electronixtar:
I got 30  ;D

40hz:
I bopped a 70. Now it's official - I got me bragging rights!
I think that means I know enough to be dangerous but not enough to be effective. Lucky thing I got out of coding and into network design and server infrastructure!
("The world needs ditch-diggers too Danny...") ;)

Missed 1,6,10,16.17,19. My bad... :-[

40hz:
I got 30  ;D
-electronixtar (August 01, 2008, 03:05 PM)
--- End quote ---

You probably did better on it than SCO CEO Darl McBride would have.

Check out this article:
http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20080501-deluded-sco-ceo-on-witness-stand-linux-is-a-copy-of-unix.html

SCO CEO Darl McBride takes the stand

McBride said that SCO holds the rights to UNIX and that "many Linux contributors were originally UNIX developers." Specifically, he said, "We have evidence System V is in Linux,"—directly contradicting what Sontag had previously testified. Due to the witness exclusion rule invoked by both parties, McBride was not present during Sontag's testimony and wasn't aware of what had been said. McBride's claims also directly contradict internal SCO memos from 2002, which reveal that the company's own extensive source code audits had uncovered no UNIX code in Linux.

McBride attempted to reinforce his argument with analogy. "When you go to the bookstore and look in the UNIX section, there's books on 'How to Program UNIX' but when you go to the Linux section and look for 'How to Program Linux' you're not gonna find it, because it doesn't exist." Then came the real humdinger, and my jaw dropped when I heard the following come out of his mouth: "Linux is a copy of UNIX, there is no difference [between them]."
--- End quote ---

Here's McBride's compensation package info:

http://investing.businessweek.com/businessweek/research/stocks/people/person.asp?personId=601433&symbol=SCOXQ.PK

So take heart. A 30 should qualify someone to become a $500K CEO at the very least! (I knew I should have gone into management instead of tech...) ;D

electronixtar:
I got 30  ;D
-electronixtar (August 01, 2008, 03:05 PM)
--- End quote ---

You probably did better on it than SCO CEO Darl McBride would have.

Check out this article:
http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20080501-deluded-sco-ceo-on-witness-stand-linux-is-a-copy-of-unix.html

SCO CEO Darl McBride takes the stand

McBride said that SCO holds the rights to UNIX and that "many Linux contributors were originally UNIX developers." Specifically, he said, "We have evidence System V is in Linux,"—directly contradicting what Sontag had previously testified. Due to the witness exclusion rule invoked by both parties, McBride was not present during Sontag's testimony and wasn't aware of what had been said. McBride's claims also directly contradict internal SCO memos from 2002, which reveal that the company's own extensive source code audits had uncovered no UNIX code in Linux.

McBride attempted to reinforce his argument with analogy. "When you go to the bookstore and look in the UNIX section, there's books on 'How to Program UNIX' but when you go to the Linux section and look for 'How to Program Linux' you're not gonna find it, because it doesn't exist." Then came the real humdinger, and my jaw dropped when I heard the following come out of his mouth: "Linux is a copy of UNIX, there is no difference [between them]."
--- End quote ---

Here's McBride's compensation package info:

http://investing.businessweek.com/businessweek/research/stocks/people/person.asp?personId=601433&symbol=SCOXQ.PK

So take heart. A 30 should qualify someone to become a $500K CEO at the very least! (I knew I should have gone into management instead of tech...) ;D

-40hz (August 02, 2008, 11:59 AM)
--- End quote ---

LOL. Very funny.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version