ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Launchy is now available for Linux (!)

<< < (2/4) > >>

Lashiec:
The big problem Launchy faces in comparison with GNOME Do is lack of system integration. Thanks to its plugin system, you can search and play music in Amarok, or chat with your contacts in Pidgin, which IMO is the next step in launchers evolution (and well, what everyone dreams to do with their launcher of choice).

Still, it's nice to see more competition in the platform, even if Launchy developer seems to lack development time, considering the absence of new versions for a time, and how much it took to get a Linux version (he still has the Mac OS X version as well). I guess not every developer can release new versions every day ;)

40hz:
Wow, Launchy blows FARR out of the water on windows, cant wait to see it on a *nix machine! Way to go.

KIDDING MOUSEY!!!!
-Josh (July 28, 2008, 02:50 PM)
--- End quote ---

Josh, did anybody ever tell you that's one evil avatar? Can't tell you how many times I've found myself reaching up to squash that little gnat thing you've got. But I guess that's the whole idea isn't it?

f0dder:
Josh, did anybody ever tell you that's one evil avatar? Can't tell you how many times I've found myself reaching up to squash that little gnat thing you've got. But I guess that's the whole idea isn't it?-40hz (July 28, 2008, 09:23 PM)
--- End quote ---
I thought I was the only one! :-[ - gets me really paranoid sometimes, seeing stuff move at edge of my eyesight.

Grorgy:
I had one of the little beasts in my monitor not so long ago, aaaarrrggghhhhh, eventually the vacuum cleaner got it out  ;D  So i get even more paranoid about them than those to whom that has not happened, no doubt your turn will come!

zridling:
Interesting to say the least. FARR for Linux would be a mindblower, though!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version