ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Seedling's Software

New App! File/Folder Date Organizer

<< < (3/4) > >>

Ligur:
Excellent...

[edit]

You might like to know what I'm using your app to do.
I'm organizing video-files on my mediaserver(popcorn hour) according to the date they were downloaded in order to spend less time in the menu's. Since most of them are weekly downloads of tv-shows it would be practical to sort them by week.

seedling:
that's cool!

i've only used it (to this point) for organizing image files by date and (of course) for it's original purpose of date-sorting folders with many files/subfolders within.

i need to get on making the options saved.

mouser:
saw this review of it today  :up::

"File/Folder Date Organizer, an application coded by a Donation Coder member, is a brilliant tool that helps you reorganize the contents of a folder according to the date of creation of the files within that folder. "
from http://www.instantfundas.com/2009/02/automatically-organize-files-into-dated.html

heayanae:
Can't I just right click inside the Folder and organise the files with the context menu, "Arrange Icons by" , Names, Size, Type, Modified . Not trying to dampen ones spirits, but arranging the Windows Context Menu to sort files, folders, is just a Google away  :)

mouser:
heayanae,
the built-in sorting operation you are describing is for sorting the view of files within a folder.
the tool by seedling is designed to create subfolders and move files into different folders based on their date.
so, very different operations.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version