ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Can you live with *just* opera?

<< < (4/12) > >>

Josh:
And that is my problem as well. I've grown so accustomed to being able to setup firefox in any manner I choose that switching to another browser just doesnt make sense. I can do this to just about the same extent in IE7, heck just about any other browser, minus safari on windows, allows me to extend the capabilities to fit how I work. I don't have to change what I do or how I surf in order to use a piece of software. I don't have to ignore certain sites because they ignore my at best "niche" browser when developing. So no, I would not be able to live with opera in its current state. Its not until I am fully able to customize it that I will be able to live with it.

anne_r:
With all due respect for Opera fans, the new FF3 ahsomethingamigger brings bookmarking to a whole new age.
I have around 1,000 bookmarks and i find this new url box enhancement along with Foxmarks backup service to be an excellent solution to an essential part of surfing.
-dantheman (July 29, 2008, 07:00 AM)
--- End quote ---

Opera 9.5x has all that!  :P

dantheman:
Yabut!

FF3 has a little star at the right end to indicate if it's in your folder and you can modify the bookmark directly via that star.

Also, FF3 has an icon at the left side that offers you website info (if made available).

Opera doesn't do this (yet!).

allen:
With all due respect for Opera fans, the new FF3 ahsomethingamigger brings bookmarking to a whole new age.
I have around 1,000 bookmarks and i find this new url box enhancement along with Foxmarks backup service to be an excellent solution to an essential part of surfing.
-dantheman (July 29, 2008, 07:00 AM)
--- End quote ---

Opera 9.5x has all that!  :P
-anne_r (July 29, 2008, 07:58 AM)
--- End quote ---

After using it a bit, I've found the "Awesome Bar" to be surprisingly effective... Opera has autocomplete, but FF3 effectively searches all my browsing history when using the address bar.

Still not enough to make me give up hope, Opera is full MDI with unmatched keyboard support . . . it's wonderful in terms of usability. But if I want to clip stuff in Evernote, I have to open Firefox or IE (Not Evernote's fault, Opera doesn't support rich text to the clipboard, no two ways about it). . . probably the biggest Opera issue for me right now.  That and Gmail constantly hangs. (Supposedly fixed in the latest beta build, but I'm not seeing it "fixed" in my personal experience.)

Josh:
Opera also does not offer field auto-complete WITHOUT the use of notes. That is a highly ineffective way to do business. Autocomplete has existed for years in every major browser, and as such, has become a standard feature I expect of any browser I use.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version