ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

FARR alias: Quick Outlook Task

<< < (10/22) > >>

Armando:
I found out that if you put your category names (and any data for any field, actually) between quotes, it allows spaces.

jpijper:
Working great :Thmbsup:.-s.newave (August 04, 2008, 04:56 PM)
--- End quote ---

OK, thanks!

Couple of things i noticed. Generates a sound everytime the alias is executed. Not sure if this was for debugging purposes but it would be great to have an option to turn this off. Same thing with the confirmation dialogs although i do find these very usueful it might be nice to have an option that supresses them.-s.newave (August 04, 2008, 04:56 PM)
--- End quote ---

I'll make sure to include options to turn this on and off in the next version. Yes, it has to do with debugging. When I was developing this, total lack of feedback gave me a very eery Unix-like feeling: I never knew if something had actually happened or not - I kept checking in Outlook, sort of defeating the purpose.

Another minor issue was that the first time i ran it a windows dialog popped up asking me if i wanted to run "do.exe". Not a big deal as i checked "do not ask me again..." and havent seen it since. -s.newave (August 04, 2008, 04:56 PM)
--- End quote ---

This is a new one for me. Maybe it has to do with Outlook security? I don't know.

Also it seems that the /complete switch isnt working for me. Just says it successfully created a new task with the same name.
-s.newave (August 04, 2008, 04:56 PM)
--- End quote ---

"do test /complete" creates a new task and marks it complete.
"do test /up /complete" marks an existing task test as complete.

s.newave:
"do test /complete" creates a new task and marks it complete.
"do test /up /complete" marks an existing task test as complete.
-jpijper (August 04, 2008, 11:28 PM)
--- End quote ---

Doh, should've looked a little closer at the readme, everything seems to be working well. I have to say though this type of functionality really makes me long for even more outlook integration :D. How cool would it be to be able to display your current tasks within FARR itself and then be able to perform actions on them. I know you mentioned you wanted to keep the functionality separate but there is a killer plugin in here just waiting to be born 8).

jpijper:
How cool would it be to be able to display your current tasks within FARR itself and then be able to perform actions on them.
-s.newave (August 04, 2008, 11:59 PM)
--- End quote ---

Can you give me a sample scenario of the the sort of actions you are thinking of?

jpijper:
I found out that if you put your category names (and any data for any field, actually) between quotes, it allows spaces.
-Armando (August 04, 2008, 11:14 PM)
--- End quote ---

do test /cat "c1 c2 c3" -  creates a task "test" and assigns it to category "c1 c2 c3".
do test /cat c1 c2 c3 - creates a task "test" and assigns it to 3 categories: "c1", "c2" and "c3".

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version