ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > FARR Plugins and Aliases

Screenshot aliases using MiniCap

<< < (7/8) > >>

TucknDar:
How about a capture region, autosave, and copy file to clipboard? Useful again for forum posts.
-vixay (August 23, 2008, 05:45 AM)
--- End quote ---
Any suggestion where such a file should be saved? something like %MYDOCUMENTS%\My Pictures\screenshots\ ?
Or how about %MYDOCUMENTS%\My Pictures\screenshots\forum or %MYDOCUMENTS%\My Pictures\screenshots\temp ?

As these sorts of screenshots wouldn't need to be kept, I'm not sure where the best place to save them would be... Guess the advanced version would be to have some other app automatically delete it after 5 minutes or so 8)

Edit: Currently there is the "Capture to clipboard" command, that does open the save-dialog but is good for forum posting and similar.

tomos:
Bit of a shameless bump this, but are there any requests? It's pretty easy adding stuff yourself, but if you've made new minicap-aliases why not share them here and I'll include them in my "official" minicap alias!
-TucknDar (August 23, 2008, 01:31 AM)
--- End quote ---

is it possible to do a screenshot of
Delayed screen capture (4 secs)  |  Wait 4 seconds before engaging capture of current ACTIVE WINDOW ?
i.e. I could select this option and then for example alt+tab & that would be "snapped" after the 4 seconds
? :)

TucknDar:
Sure, that's pretty sensible ;) Actually it's also very useful for captures of the FARR window!

vixay:
How about a capture region, autosave, and copy file to clipboard? Useful again for forum posts.
-vixay (August 23, 2008, 05:45 AM)
--- End quote ---
Any suggestion where such a file should be saved? something like %MYDOCUMENTS%\My Pictures\screenshots\ ?
Or how about %MYDOCUMENTS%\My Pictures\screenshots\forum or %MYDOCUMENTS%\My Pictures\screenshots\temp ?

As these sorts of screenshots wouldn't need to be kept, I'm not sure where the best place to save them would be... Guess the advanced version would be to have some other app automatically delete it after 5 minutes or so 8)

Edit: Currently there is the "Capture to clipboard" command, that does open the save-dialog but is good for forum posting and similar.
-TucknDar (August 23, 2008, 03:11 PM)
--- End quote ---

%Temp% is ideal :)
it will get cleared eventually... either by windows, CCleaner or some other utility...

I was wondering if it's possible to pass a parameter to +mcap +clip such that it will add the -clipimagepath to the commandline... then you don't need to make new custom aliases and instead can just pass the parameter through....

hmmm.... maybe a +mcap clipimagepath -> minicap.exe blah blah blah $$1 -exit

TucknDar:
I'll see what I can do :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version