ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > FARR Plugins and Aliases

Updated: GooglePlus - View Google search results in FARR as you type

<< < (14/18) > >>

Guilc:
Hi guys!

I am trying to test googlePlus, but as soon as I type "gp" the settings windows pops up. I close it but it comes up by every keystroke.
what did I do wrong???  :(
Thanks
Guillaume

mouser:
we need a new release of googleplus, this is happening to everyone.  it's just a minor fix though that others have made on their own.  skajfes says "Anyway quick fix is to go to FARRDIR\Plugins\GooglePlus\fscript.js and comment out/delete lines 94 and 95. "  which seems to work. but a new official release would be ideal!

Guilc:
Thanks Mouser!
It works indeed!!  :)

hypert:
I've tried that, but I'm still stuck at not being able run any searches at all.  Could someone explain step by step how they get this to work? (before this new problem popped up)

I type "gpw" followed by a space and then "watchmen", and FARR+GP try searching my computer, not Google.  If I just type "gp", I see the list of GP actions, but I can't seem to activate any of them.  I've tried "gp", tab, "watchmen", and "gp", click on the GPW line item, then type "watchmen".  No Google searches!

I'd REALLY appreciate any suggestions!

s.newave:
Hi,

Sorry i havent been more responsive in the forums lately. Anyway i just tried the latest version of FARR and had no issues with GP 1.1 on W7 64bit

Regarding the options popup issue. This is most likely happening when, for one reason or another, the GooglePlus.ini file is missing from the GooglePlus dir. Clicking "OK" on the popup should create a new GooglePlus.ini which should solve the issue unless there is some other issue going on. If you keep clicking "Cancel" however it will keep popping up the options after every keypress. Let me know if this does not work.

hypert: Not sure why GP isnt working for you. Only thing i can think of is that there might be some sort of conflict or issue with your aliases file. GP will definitely not search your computer and works by simply typing "gpw watchmen" to search the web, "gpv watchem" to search youtube for watchmen or even "imdb watchmen" to search imdb for watchmen.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version