ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > FARR Plugins and Aliases

Updated: GooglePlus - View Google search results in FARR as you type

<< < (5/18) > >>

s.newave:
This is an amazing plugin that has become my primary means of searching Google. I was wondering, could you extend the plugin to work with Google Scholar as well?
-omaedon (August 12, 2008, 04:15 PM)
--- End quote ---

I don't remember seeing anything about Google Scholar in the api when i was creating the script but i will have another look around.

rkr3:
I made a folder in the Plugins directory, named it "GooglePlus", and extracted the files into it. Shut down FARR, and restarted it; FARR won't start, I get this message:

"Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
---------------------------
Runtime Error!

Program: C:\Program Files\FindAndRunRobot\FindAndRunRobot.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information."

Help?

Thanks

sri:
s.newave: I would like to replace the books search w/ blogs search. Can you please tell me how?

s.newave:
I made a folder in the Plugins directory, named it "GooglePlus", and extracted the files into it. Shut down FARR, and restarted it; FARR won't start, I get this message:

"Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
---------------------------
Runtime Error!

Program: C:\Program Files\FindAndRunRobot\FindAndRunRobot.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information."

Help?

Thanks

-rkr3 (August 16, 2008, 12:15 AM)
--- End quote ---

hmm, not sure what this could be. Did you install any other plugins at the same time? The plugin isn't in C++ and is pretty straight forward which leads me to believe it might be something bizarre going on with FARR??

Perhaps try reinstalling the plugin and rebooting.let me know if that works.

s.newave: I would like to replace the books search w/ blogs search. Can you please tell me how?
-sri (August 16, 2008, 12:45 AM)
--- End quote ---

When creating the plugin I had google blogs in there but for some reason it never worked well at all. Searching was unusably slow and inconsistent from googles side. Will look into again when i get a chance. In the interim try the "site:<blogsite>" search operator which i have had really good results with.

Dimsy55:
Pls help: I've got that error all the time

settings.exe
Error: Cant'load icon. The current thread will exit.
Specifically: icons\GooglePlus.ico
             Line#
--->       008: Menu, Tray, Icon, icons\GooglePlus.ico
 :-[

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version