ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > FARR Plugins and Aliases

Updated: GooglePlus - View Google search results in FARR as you type

<< < (2/18) > >>

jgpaiva:
s.newave: this looks like a great plugin!
But I can't understand why, but everytime I type "gp", the options dialog comes up :(

lanux128:
i just noticed that the past search history can be deleted, this is a cool feature! anyway s.newave, as with all plugins that interact with the web, is it possible to include a trigger key that will search after we have finished typing? this will be very helpful for those with slower connection speed. :)

mouser:
possible to include a trigger key that will search after we have finished typing?
--- End quote ---
an OPTION in the plugin to say only search when i hit enter would make sense for this and other plugins.

alternatively i could make it something in farr so that for a given plugin you can tell farr not to call it until you hit enter.

nudone:
an excellent plugin.  :Thmbsup:

google search fans may like this little thing i use - it allows you to keep your fingers on the keys whilst moving from farr to google's search results as it uses the beta google hotkey thingy.

a screengrab will help explain

so you open farr and type gh followed by your search term and then hit enter. you'll be able to then navigate the results in your browser using the google hotkeys:
J = next
L = previous
/ = search field
etc, etc.

s.newave:
Amazing plugin! A few credits on their way ASAP!-TucknDar (July 22, 2008, 03:38 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks!!

I've got a request: I'd like to be able to launch the Google Images search in FARRs internal browser, while the regular Google searches in my default browser. The way I see it, it would be fine to have a modifier for a search (gp +images +internal), while still the same plugin configuration option. I suppose there should also be a +external modifier, if internal launch is the default.

--- End quote ---

I thought about doing this but didnt know if anyone would use it :D. I will probably end up creating options where you can specify if you want to launch the result in FARR or not for each search type. This will avoid you having to type the modifiers every time. Will also add a search modifier as you suggested for one off situations.

s.newave: this looks like a great plugin!
But I can't understand why, but everytime I type "gp", the options dialog comes up :(
-jgpaiva (July 22, 2008, 04:29 AM)
--- End quote ---

Are you talking about the GP settings dialog or FARR's? Not sure what could be causing this but i will look into it.

i just noticed that the past search history can be deleted, this is a cool feature! anyway s.newave, as with all plugins that interact with the web, is it possible to include a trigger key that will search after we have finished typing? this will be very helpful for those with slower connection speed. :)
-lanux128 (July 22, 2008, 07:13 AM)
--- End quote ---

Mouser also mentioned this during beta testing. Will look into adding something like this.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version