ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Developer's Corner

redmine: website tool for collaborative project todolist/wiki, bugtracking, etc

<< < (3/6) > >>

Gothi[c]:
I looked at the dotproject demo(admin/admin) but the UI seems very cluttered and clunky compared to redmine imo. Thanks for mentioning it though. It would be nice to see more of these systems, since I already found redmine to be very useful.

Perry Mowbray:
Myself I fell totally in love with JIRA
-Shades (July 19, 2008, 06:09 PM)
--- End quote ---

Me too!

At my last place of work (a university) I installed their wiki: Confuence as well as JIRA. We used JIRA to manage multiple software contractors on our projects.

PPLandry:
Drupal also has issue tracking, forum (threaded or flat) and collaborative docs, plus being a full-blown CMS and tons of add-ons. I'm looking at it right now, to unite the services related to my software: web-site (DNN), wiki style docs (Wikispaces), issue tracking (Mantis).

I'll post some more after testing it further.

Deozaan:
Drupal also has issue tracking, forum (threaded or flat) and collaborative docs, plus being a full-blown CMS and tons of add-ons. I'm looking at it right now, to unite the services related to my software: web-site (DNN), wiki style docs (Wikispaces), issue tracking (Mantis).

I'll post some more after testing it further.
-PPLandry (July 21, 2008, 09:40 AM)
--- End quote ---

Mouser didn't have nice things to say about Drupal last year...

f0dder:
I got redmine installed on my local in-house server last night, took a bit of fumbling (shouldn't have tried to use sqlite as database backend, recent versions are apparently imcompatible with redmine) - and I wasn't familiar with ruby either. Also, the wiki documentation is slightly out-of-date, and it isn't a 100% step-by-step newbie guide.

But with some linux experience and time for googling, it worked out without too much trouble. Haven't put it through much abuse yet, but I added issue-tracking for fSekrit, found two minor bugs (only in unicode build, which isn't near ready for public prime-time yet) and got redmine configured to auto-close tickets based on commit messages. The whole thing seems pretty slick and well-functioning so far, especially considering it's pre-1.0.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version