ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Show us the View Outside Your Window

<< < (89/90) > >>

mouser:
JamesEs, that's an awesome view -- looks like a painting!
zxcbvn, i've been noticing more large birds in the city where I am - almost as if they are coming back to reclaim their territory from the humans!

KynloStephen66515:
JamesEs, that's an awesome view -- looks like a painting!
zxcbvn, i've been noticing more large birds in the city where I am - almost as if they are coming back to reclaim their territory from the humans!
-mouser (April 12, 2020, 01:03 PM)
--- End quote ---

It's something we have noticed here too.  There seems to be a LOT more birdsong at all hours of the day.  It's pretty nice!

tomos:
I've taken hundreds of pictures of this massive willow tree across the road from me.

it got cut down a couple of weeks ago

I'll miss it...

Shades:
I've taken hundreds of pictures of this massive willow tree across the road from me.

[ Invalid Attachment ]

[ Invalid Attachment ]

it got cut down a couple of weeks ago

[ Invalid Attachment ]

I'll miss it...
-tomos (October 20, 2020, 12:52 PM)
--- End quote ---

A fully grown willow tree is always a beautiful sight to behold. At least to my eye.  :)

Unfortunately, these trees need much more (ground-)water compared with almost any other "brand/model" of trees. So much so that other plants/flowers/grass has barely enough to grow in proximity of a willow tree. So, if you have ideas about gardening and your garden is not next to a stream or river, a willow tree is about the worst choice to include in your garden.

Perhaps that is why the tree was cut down. The excessive water consumption is also a reason why these trees get sick quickly. In the house where I spent most of my youth, I pestered my father into getting me such a tree. But it is a high maintenance tree, when not near a stream/river/otherwise damp environment. Found that out the hard way. And when it pulled away (ground-)water from the vegetable garden of my father, it got cut down.

Still, the vista of a willow tree and the sound of wind through its branches remains very enjoyable and something I miss. Unfortunately no willow tree can survive the blistering sun here in the South-Americas.

tomos:
A fully grown willow tree is always a beautiful sight to behold. At least to my eye.  :)
-Shades (October 20, 2020, 03:35 PM)
--- End quote ---
yes, I agree :up:

Unfortunately, these trees need much more (ground-)water compared with almost any other "brand/model" of trees. [...]
Perhaps that is why the tree was cut down. The excessive water consumption is also a reason why these trees get sick quickly.

--- End quote ---
It was near a small stream, but there's been extremely little rainfall here the last few years. A couple of branches had fallen -- they were already big as tree trunks. The main trunk was healthy fwiw.

Friends of mine had planted willow tree in pots (they were under two meters height). I used water them when they went on holidays, it was incredible the amount of water they drank.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version