ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Anyone Know of a Multi-Monitor Simulator for Software Testing?

<< < (3/5) > >>

jgpaiva:
mwb1100: I think SplitView doesn't really create 2 monitors in one, it's just the way they describe it.
It's actually very similar to my own GridMove ;)

mouser:
rl2e found another one in another thread:
http://www.ishadow.com/Downloads/VirtualDisplayManager/tabid/115/Default.aspx

Deozaan:
Here's a hardware solution that doesn't require two monitors:

If your video card has two outputs and your monitor has two inputs you can enable dual monitors by plugging both outputs into your single monitor. Then just click the button on the monitor that switches what input to display.

Dormouse:
I suspect the hardware solution is best. It should be possible to get hold of a 2nd monitor cheaply (ie free), if you know a lot of people who have had computers a while. Lots of people have switched from CRT to flatscreen and just kept their old screens somewhere in case they were ever needed; lots of other people just throw them out, and it is only a question of picking one up. Quality etc won't matter that much if you just use if for testing, but you will need the space to store it.

Only potential problem is having the videocard with 2 outputs, if you don't already have one; not so easy to get one of those for nothing, but it can be done quite cheaply.

4wd:
Here's a hardware solution that doesn't require two monitors:

If your video card has two outputs and your monitor has two inputs you can enable dual monitors by plugging both outputs into your single monitor. Then just click the button on the monitor that switches what input to display.
-Deozaan (August 16, 2008, 01:11 PM)
--- End quote ---

Another idea: Most gfx cards have composite/SVideo out of some kind, plug it in to a TV :)

Another idea: Plug the composite/SVideo out into the input of your TV tuner card.

IIRC, the drivers will allow you use the TV as a second monitor, but you might be required to set your normal monitor to the same resolution as the TV output, (used to be 800x600 or 1024x768 - before HDTVs anyway).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version