ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Computer mods: What odd things have you done?

<< < (2/5) > >>

cmpm:
A 3 prong male connection will power a 2 prong female connection.
For fans that is...as in motorized...lol.

I took a large fan out of a bad pcu that had the 2 prongs and connected it to the 3 prong on my dual p3 motherboard.
Without sacrificing the already used 2/3 prongs for the cpu fans.

This is a fan that is nearly as wide as my case.
But it was pretty warm in there so I put it in.
Keeping the whole unit cooler.

f0dder:
Pretty disassembled (I think mobo+cpu have been thrown out)-f0dder
--- End quote ---

I hope you kept the ram!
-cranioscopical (July 13, 2008, 05:29 PM)
--- End quote ---
Why? EDO RAM is pretty useless to me these days, and I really couldn't be bothered going through the hassle selling it :)

mouser:
An idea:  we should find someone who can do a professional and mind-blowingly cool job making a CodyCase mod and then chip in and pay for it to be built with top notch components and then raffle it off in the DC fundraiser.

I think the design should be Cody on an island and you have to feed him quarters to power the PC.

Deozaan:
Pretty disassembled (I think mobo+cpu have been thrown out)-f0dder
--- End quote ---

I hope you kept the ram!
-cranioscopical (July 13, 2008, 05:29 PM)
--- End quote ---
Why? EDO RAM is pretty useless to me these days, and I really couldn't be bothered going through the hassle selling it :)
-f0dder (July 13, 2008, 06:37 PM)
--- End quote ---

I'll forgive you for not getting the (hilarious) pun as I'll just blame it on you being a foreigner.

A Ram is a male sheep.  :P

f0dder:
Heh, doh! I was thinking in hardware terms... can't even excuse it with "but it was late!", since that post was half past midnight. It's late now, though :P. Wasn't a ram though, twas a female sheep :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version