ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Circle Dock

Windows 7's Taskbar....Err.....Circle Dock for the DC Programming Contest

<< < (27/28) > >>

tomos:
So is it still being maintained...? On the official (?) page they say "The current version of Circle Dock is 0.9. (with the download links dead).

How come -- or is only that page abandoned, and is there a newer homepage somewhere?
-David.P (March 15, 2014, 10:30 AM)
--- End quote ---

I think it got abandoned.
There was a problem with the license in 2010 or so. (It was already abandoned, but with a GPL license, then further developed by another developer, but source code wasnt released, got messy unfortunately). I thought there was an earlier version on sourceforge but couldnt find it there.

sgtevmckay:
So is it still being maintained...? On the official (?) page they say "The current version of Circle Dock is 0.9. (with the download links dead).

How come -- or is only that page abandoned, and is there a newer homepage somewhere?
-David.P (March 15, 2014, 10:30 AM)
--- End quote ---

I think it got abandoned.
There was a problem with the license in 2010 or so. (It was already abandoned, but with a GPL license, then further developed by another developer, but source code wasnt released, got messy unfortunately). I thought there was an earlier version on sourceforge but couldnt find it there.
-tomos (March 15, 2014, 03:25 PM)
--- End quote ---

After many months of trying to find someone to pick up this project, and teh fiasco that ensued a few years back.....yes I would declare this project abandoned.
I have not the heart to further try to promote developers to approach a restart of Circle Dock.
The original program is available at Sourceforge.

if anyone were to come forward to restart this program, I would be here immediately to help beta test, promote, and release Circle Dock.
As things stand at this time, I do not even have the heart to support Circle Dock in its current form  :-[

David.P:
OK, back to Nexus, the only universal Dock that doesn't seem to be abandoned (or Payware).

wraith808:
Winstep Nexus?  Or some other Nexus?

David.P:
Winstep Nexus.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version