ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Circle Dock

Windows 7's Taskbar....Err.....Circle Dock for the DC Programming Contest

<< < (10/28) > >>

f0dder:
Crashes in the same way (and location?) as previous build, but the new version doesn't render any icons, only the main dock background.

VideoInPicture:
Tried this. The Windows icon disappeared to be replaced by the original circle centre icon. No attempt to change the icon to anything else in the Icon folder worked.

Added a Dock Folder. It added an icon; when I tried to change that icon (can't remember what it was now), all the CircleDock icons originally loaded (but not connected to any programs/folders) disappeared to be replaced by questionmarks. No further attempt to change those icons worked. Actually, when I exited and restarted the program the new icons appeared.
-Dormouse (August 17, 2008, 09:23 PM)
--- End quote ---

Noted, I will try Circle Dock 0.9.2 on other computers I have access to and see if I can replicate the problem.

As a last resort, try http://circledock.wikidot.com/local--files/download-circle-dock/CD0.9.2Alpha4.zip. It has the added exception handler and I cleared the dock items so you can try dragging and dropping fresh items onto the dock.

Dormouse:
Hmm, it might be another program on your computer is hooking the middle mouse button so Circle Dock doesn't have access to it.

Alternatively, press the F1 keyboard button or click on the tray icon to toggle the visibility.
-VideoInPicture (August 17, 2008, 09:10 PM)
--- End quote ---

It's possible that another prog has grabbed the button ( I will try to check) - but it does not do anything visible and the rotation does work and will switch between programs. F1 and tray icon both work. I have .91 set to a different button (via a allocating the button to a keyboard shortcut) and would probably prefer to do this anyway.

VideoInPicture:
Crashes in the same way (and location?) as previous build, but the new version doesn't render any icons, only the main dock background.
-f0dder (August 17, 2008, 09:27 PM)
--- End quote ---

Okay, thanks. I purposely removed the dock icons from that one to minimize the sources of error. If it worked, you could have dragged and dropped icons onto it.

I will create a source-forge account to host the code since the whole solution is now around 40 megs with the icons I use for testing. I can't host this on wikidot because of file size limitations. I'll post a message when I get the source-forge account set up.

Now I'm curious if a 64-bit Vista user will have the same problem...... Hmm. I'll have to wait and see.

Dormouse:
Tried this. The Windows icon disappeared to be replaced by the original circle centre icon. No attempt to change the icon to anything else in the Icon folder worked.

Added a Dock Folder. It added an icon; when I tried to change that icon (can't remember what it was now), all the CircleDock icons originally loaded (but not connected to any programs/folders) disappeared to be replaced by questionmarks. No further attempt to change those icons worked. Actually, when I exited and restarted the program the new icons appeared.
-Dormouse (August 17, 2008, 09:23 PM)
--- End quote ---

Noted, I will try Circle Dock 0.9.2 on other computers I have access to and see if I can replicate the problem.

As a last resort, try http://circledock.wikidot.com/local--files/download-circle-dock/CD0.9.2Alpha4.zip. It has the added exception handler and I cleared the dock items so you can try dragging and dropping fresh items onto the dock.
-VideoInPicture (August 17, 2008, 09:31 PM)
--- End quote ---

It's a relatively minor issue at this stage. It just means that the prog needs to be closed and reopened for icon changes to take effect. There's no problem with dragging new items to the dock.

Will try latest alpha tommorow. Off to bed now.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version