ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Circle Dock

Windows 7's Taskbar....Err.....Circle Dock for the DC Programming Contest

<< < (8/28) > >>

mouser:
Ok just tried the new version, it looks beautiful but i did get an error on startup after it displays. Image attached.
(I have winxp pro 64, and i think i have the latest dotnet but im not positive).

Windows 7's Taskbar....Err.....Circle Dock for the DC Programming Contest

VideoInPicture:
Ok just tried the new version, it looks beautiful but i did get an error on startup after it displays. Image attached.
(I have winxp pro 64, and i think i have the latest dotnet but im not positive).
-mouser (August 17, 2008, 08:28 PM)
--- End quote ---

That is a weird problem, all the items in the dock have been rendered and then it gets an error. Maybe it's a 64-bit issue. I'll wait and see what happens with other people. Is there anymore information for that error if you click on the "details" link in that error message?

If it shows, "The bitmap must be 32ppp with alpha-channel.", then I might know what might be wrong.

Dormouse:
32 bit XP Pro, .Net 3.5, English, Administrator

Old crashing bug when adding new programs etc has gone.  :)
Lots of juddering when Location and Toggling opens and closes.  :(
My middle button seems to rotate the dock rather than toggle visibility.

Very pretty. I have an ObjectDock addin clock which I would choose as the centre button if I could.

Not keen on using this version instead of .91 at moment. (I've already added the progs etc that I want to .91 and I've set .91 to much smaller icons and circles so that there is much less mouse movement needed.) Very happy to test new functions as they come and report back on experience (or do anything else I can to help).

VideoInPicture:
Old crashing bug when adding new programs etc has gone.  :)
Lots of juddering when Location and Toggling opens and closes.  :(
My middle button seems to rotate the dock rather than toggle visibility.

Very pretty. I have an ObjectDock addin clock which I would choose as the centre button if I could.
-Dormouse (August 17, 2008, 08:47 PM)
--- End quote ---

Good to hear one of those mysterious crashing bugs in 0.9.1 is gone.

I think your juddering comment refers to the settings panel. Don't worry about the performance of the settings panel. I realized that the one in the Alpha 2 is not a good one and I have a better one to pop into it's place. This was what was keeping me from releasing the Alpha 2 sooner.

Rotating your middle mouse buttons rotates the dock, as it should. If you click with your middle mouse button (wheel, press it down), it will toggle the visibility of the dock.

You can change the centre button by right-click on it and selecting "Change Icon".

f0dder:
An unhandled exception of type 'System.BadImageFormatException' occurred in CircleDock.exe

Additional information: An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007000B)
--- End quote ---

Happens in CircleDock.MainForm..ctor, after the third-last call instruction (happens at address 0000042C , but dunno how useful that is to you, since you're on 32bit and the JITer has JITed for 64bit).

Just like mouser, I get the crash after the main form has been painted. XP64/SP2, running with admin privileges, framework v3.5 installed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version