ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Circle Dock

Windows 7's Taskbar....Err.....Circle Dock for the DC Programming Contest

<< < (7/28) > >>

VideoInPicture:
Hello Everyone,
I thought I would post the current build of the new version of Circle Dock (0.9.2) so that the programmers can check it out and play with it. You can get the Preview1 Source Code for Circle Dock 0.9.2 at http://circledock.wikidot.com/source-code

Windows 7's Taskbar....Err.....Circle Dock for the DC Programming Contest1
Windows 7's Taskbar....Err.....Circle Dock for the DC Programming Contest2

Note that Circle Dock 0.9.2 is now written in Microsoft Visual C# Express 2008 instead of Visual Basic like in the first version. It is NOT feature complete or anywhere close. I'm just delayed on get everything to move and animate smoothly. The rest of the project will be pretty straight forward since it will consist of writing functions to calculate the positions of where every item should be and adding in a settings panel, global mouse hook, etc...

If you need an explanation of what is going on in the code right now, just post here.

From my source code page:

Circle Dock 0.9.2 is being re-developed in Microsoft Visual C# Express 2008 (.Net). Some of the code is commented and some of it is not. This build is just to show some of the core code. If you run this version, you can add and remove icons as well as as dock folders. You are also able to change the dock item icons.

The current hold up in the project is getting everything to animate at one time and efficiently for resize, rotations, and other movements. This may take some time to sort out but the rest of the project will be pretty straight forward after that. The current build allows you to move the dock around but it is just a rudimentary method of doing it that will likely change.

As a note, the way Circle Dock operates is now very similar to the major docks out their, such as Object Dock and Rocket Dock. In Object Dock and Rocket Dock, each item in the dock is actually a separate window that has the styles WS_EX_LAYERED, WS_EX_TOOLWINDOW, and WS_CHILD set. The background is the parent window of each of the child windows that host the dock objects. Circle Dock 0.9.2 is now structured like this.

The way Circle Dock is now structured is as follows:
Main Form (Invisible) -> Background Object -> Centre Object -> Dock Items

The Main Form is invisible and it exists to coordinate the general movement of the dock, creation of items, initialization, etc. The Background Object is just a window to display the background. The Centre Object shows which dock folder you are currently in and allows you to move the dock around. The Dock Items are your icons, dock folders, and in the future, docklets.

--- End quote ---

Eric

wreckedcarzz:
I know just a tiny bit of C#, so I can't comment on the code, but I do very much so like the folder navigation system. Very interesting and easy to use. I like the new tray icon, too! :up:

VideoInPicture:
I know just a tiny bit of C#, so I can't comment on the code, but I do very much so like the folder navigation system. Very interesting and easy to use. I like the new tray icon, too! :up:
-wreckedcarzz (August 06, 2008, 11:52 AM)
--- End quote ---

C# is quite similar to Visual Basic once you get the hang of the syntax changes.

nickysam:
I have got some information after doing a search.I think so this will help you in some causes.This can be used to show or hide docked or floating control bars.To make both fixed-size bars and resizable bars visible/invisible, the CFrameWnd::ShowControlBar() method should be used. The CControlBar::ShowWindow() cannot be used here, because it does not affect the positions of other bars in the same frame window.
--------------
nickysam

WideCircles

VideoInPicture:
Hello,
I have just released a new Alpha version of Circle Dock 0.9.2 (Alpha Preview 2) at http://circledock.wikidot.com/download-circle-dock and I need alpha testers to see if there are any show stoppers/major bugs. This is not a complete version but I want to know that it works on other people's Windows XP and Vista computers before I move on.

This new version is a total rewrite of the original program and there are many differences. I will list them briefly below:
-Completely different program architecture for better performance, memory usage, and modularity.
-At idle, the program uses under 1 meg of ram
-Animated rotation of the dock for a smoother rotation
-Animated fade in/fade out
-Direct capability to use your mouse buttons to toggle the dock
-Different background rendering
-Ability to show Explorer context menus directly
-Ability to show the Start Menu over the dock
-Dock folders to group your icons together
-There is now a tray icon to toggle the visibility of the dock

Note that:
-Portability mode is not yet completed
-The default hotkey to toggle the visibility of the dock is F1. You can change it in the settings area.
-You can directly use your middle mouse button to toggle the visibility of the dock without extra software. Try it out! You will be able to change this in the final version.
-You cannot change the shape of the dock yet and you cannot change the background image in the settings area yet.

Here are some screenshots:

Windows 7's Taskbar....Err.....Circle Dock for the DC Programming Contest1
Windows 7's Taskbar....Err.....Circle Dock for the DC Programming Contest2
Windows 7's Taskbar....Err.....Circle Dock for the DC Programming Contest3
Windows 7's Taskbar....Err.....Circle Dock for the DC Programming Contest4

Please try the new version out and tell me if it works on your computer or what major bugs you encounter. Please include:
-Your operating system and whether it is 32 bit or 64 bit
-Your .Net Framework version if known
-Your operating system language (ex: English, French, Spanish, etc.)
-Whether you are logged in as an Administrator, Power User or Guest

Thanks for helping out,

Eric Wong

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version