ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Circle Dock

Windows 7's Taskbar....Err.....Circle Dock for the DC Programming Contest

<< < (16/28) > >>

Ti133700N:
Thanks, that super. I haven't even told anybody how to translate it yet. If you want to test out the French on your system, go into the Settings Folder -> Config.ini and under [Language], change the path to your file.

I'll be sure to give people credit for their contributions.
-VideoInPicture (August 18, 2008, 10:01 PM)
--- End quote ---

It works ! Everything's good !

VideoInPicture:
For the 64-bit people out there, I have uploaded the x86 compiled version of Circle Dock to http://circledock.wikidot.com/download-circle-dock and I have had a person on another website tell me it works. Thanks for the help!

I'll now focus on getting the settings panel redone and finishing up some parts of the code. For the final release of 0.9.2, I'm further targetting to:
-Have animations for drag and drop operations, deletion, and reordering the dock items
-Smooth out the animations, if possible
-Write the position functions for the oval and spiral docks as well as code in the settings to customize their size and features
-Make the dock always not top/not always on top
-Keep trying to multi-thread the application
-Improve the drag and drop support for virtual folders in Windows (some don't like to be drag and dropped) or add them into a menu like in 0.9.1
-Option to always keep the dock in one position or have it follow the mouse
-Ability to have the dock slide into and out of view by moving your mouse to the edge of the screen (like the taskbar autohide)
-Finish implementing the C# mouse hook so that we can get rid of the Orbit.Dock.dll file and have it run in native x64 when possible
-Improve the speed of opening up the dock folders when there are many items and animate the opening
-Code in the portibility mode functions
-Write up documentation for the end users about the features of the dock.

I think those are the main points I'm shooting for right now and they are all possible to do without taking a long time to do it. With these features implemented and tested to be stable, I think it would be really nice dock to use. I could then start planning the next set of features I want to implement and look at how Circle Dock could work with plugins. In the long term, I'll be aiming to have some support for docklets so that the dock can be extensible.

Ti133700N:
Just so you know, i'm using 2 monitors and by default, the Dock appears right at the center of the 2 screens, that means half in one and half in the other one. I think it would be better to make it appear at the middle of the main monitor. Also, if I enable the option to make it appear at the cursor`s position and then disable that option, the dock will appear at the last position it was. I would expect it to be at the default position (center of the main screen).

VideoInPicture:
Just so you know, i'm using 2 monitors and by default, the Dock appears right at the center of the 2 screens, that means half in one and half in the other one. I think it would be better to make it appear at the middle of the main monitor. Also, if I enable the option to make it appear at the cursor`s position and then disable that option, the dock will appear at the last position it was. I would expect it to be at the default position (center of the main screen).
-Ti133700N (August 18, 2008, 11:49 PM)
--- End quote ---

In the settings menu, I will be adding in options to specify the position of the dock. This should address those issues. Options would be like:
*Always appear at....
     *Primary Monitor, Monitor 1, Monitor 2.....
            *Centre
            *Left, Right, Top, Bottom
     *Specific Position
*Allow user to move dock....
*Follow the mouse

Of course, there has be a level of precedence for these options that I have to work out.

Dormouse:
Just so you know, i'm using 2 monitors and by default, the Dock appears right at the center of the 2 screens, that means half in one and half in the other one. I think it would be better to make it appear at the middle of the main monitor.-Ti133700N (August 18, 2008, 11:49 PM)
--- End quote ---

Using the pre x86 v5 alpha,it does appear in the middle of the main monitor on my system .

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version