ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Reliable web page capture...

<< < (9/16) > >>

J-Mac:
John, if I knew how to properly cerate the ini files, I would.  But Martin doesn't have any instructions for this on his web site.  I guess he designs purely for programmer-types.

BTW, AM-Notebook, which I have owned since, I think, V.2, still requires you to name the note before you write it. I can't handle that!

Thanks!

Jim

johnk:
John, if I knew how to properly cerate the ini files, I would.  But Martin doesn't have any instructions for this on his web site.  I guess he designs purely for programmer-types.
-J-Mac (July 18, 2008, 11:13 PM)
--- End quote ---

Jim -- I can assure you, I'm no programmer. But I know my way around a computer by now and I'm familiar with writing keyboard macros (which is the most difficult bit in creating LWA ini files). The ini files are not too difficult to put together. If you'd like some help, I'm happy to do it by PM. But I agree, Martin should at least offer a wizard to guide people through setting up an ini file. The section on ini files in the LWA help file is, well, not very helpful.

The ini files are actually LWA's trump card. While LWA's direct rival, WebResearch Pro, is much more powerful and advanced in many ways, it doesn't have an equivalent of LWA's ini files, so you can't create your own import filter. So, for example, WebResearch doesn't support Thunderbird natively, so you have to export to eml, blah, blah. Swings and roundabouts...

nevf:
I have done extensive updates to the code that captures complete Web pages in Surfulater. The BBC News page for example, now captures without the problems shown in this thread. You can see the results in my blog post. Better Web Page Capture coming in Surfulater Version 3

Surfulater Version 3 is a major upgrade with many important new features. See our Blog for further information. V3 is planned for release in Sept 2008. Pre-release versions with the new Tagging capability are available for download on the blog.

cmpm:
http://pagenest.com/index.html

a free complete web page capture utility
with many options
from freedownloadaday.com

might fit some criteria here

kartal:
I am looking for a scrapbook solution that is designed mainly for images and multimedia, has nicer import export functions, that can work with FF. It should support drag and drop fully(both in an out)  I am not talking about taking picture snapshots of the pages.  This app should mainly focus on images and multimedia that is embedded or repesented in the pages. But image screenshot could be nice addition as well.

I love Scrapbook but I hate the way it exports file and you have really no control over the content of the export.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version