ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Announce Your Software/Service/Product

YourFonts - Generate a font based on your handwriting

<< < (13/17) > >>

erwind:
For those with a Tablet PC, there's apparently a free software from microsoft to do the same thing. I haven't tried it, but it might be a decent alternative...-vixay (August 27, 2008, 12:12 AM)
--- End quote ---
I haven't tried it either, but I've seen some fonts generated with it. It looks like it does the same thing, but the quality of the generated fonts is by far not the same.

You can find a font made with "My Font Tool" from here:
http://blog.tabletpc.com.au/tag/tablet-pc-software/

Then do generate a font with yourfonts.com and open both fonts in FontCreator to see the differences. You'll see it when you open a couple of glyphs in point mode...

erwind:
The bad news: the beta period is over, so the coupon is no longer valid.

The good news: I've turned yourfonts.com into a free online font generation service. This way a lot of people get the chance to make their own personal fonts. At least people who have a computer, printer and scanner and know how to use a pen. Maybe a couple of them decide to further improve their fonts with FontCreator.

If you happen to know someone who would love to make a font based on his or her handwriting, do let them know. Thanks!

vixay:
Cool! What made you change your mind and make it free?

erwind:
I never was sure about making it a paid or free service. I might turn it into a paid service in a year or two, but I'm not sure yet. If it proofs to be a nice way to get people into making their own fonts (read: people buying FontCreator) then I might leave it free. I'm in no hurry and giving away things for free doesn't make me feel bad.

erwind:
You can now preview your generated font with custom text, thus even before downloading and installing the font, you know that it looks great (or not).

This will be the last enhancement for a while. Enjoy!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version