ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

stalls during 'search history'

(1/2) > >>

reckoner:
I have installed version v2.14.01. The problem is that when I am typing in something the window freezes showing 'searching history' in the status bar. it freezes for sometimes up to 30 seconds. I'm not sure what it's doing. It's itermittent.

thanks.

mouser:
it may be that a network path has gotten into your launch history and is slowing down farr while it tries to resolve it.
go to options and launch history tab and delete links on network/removable drives.

kartal:
mouser, this is not only limited to network drives. Farr gets into deep search mode and then it becomes unresponsive for a while. From what I understand if Farr cannot locate the search right away it starts the actual directory search. This is when Farr stalls for a while. Althou this does not happen all the time.

kfitting:
For what it's worth, I've noticed an increased hanging while trying to show history items after installing AVG Antivirus.  Dont know if it's related though.

Kevin

fhayes:
I see the same "stalling" behaviour, and process explorer shows me it AVG 8 (Grrr...).  I've added an exception to AVG's resident scanner as C:\Program Files\FindAndRunRobot\ but it's still scanning and causing FARR to pause.  Any ideas how to get AVG to stop it?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version