ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

Startup Delayer

<< < (12/14) > >>

JimB:
Error

Curt:
I cannot recognize my experiences with Soluto with any of your sayings.

However, it is late night around here, so I will shut up and go to bed.

yksyks:

* Some applications sometimes didn't start at all, or after two hours-yksyks (May 17, 2011, 03:53 PM)
--- End quote ---
They wouldn't start either w.o Soluto
-JimB (May 17, 2011, 04:47 PM)
--- End quote ---
Sure they would. And did. For example Skype. I don't need it running immediately, but I need it to run after, say, ten minutes after boot. With Soluto this was unsure, unless I removed it from the delayed apps.

* No way to search for the application in the GUI window (sorted by loading time, not alphabetically)-yksyks (May 17, 2011, 03:53 PM)
--- End quote ---
Not necessary. There are other programs that can do this job.

--- End quote ---
No, I mean searching up the app in Soluto GUI for further manipulation, like moving it to delayed or stopped apps. You have to carefully hover all the shrunk and unreadable items to discover what they represent.

None of these apply to SD3. For my setup (on two different machines) it was just a long-awaited godsend.-yksyks (May 17, 2011, 03:53 PM)
--- End quote ---
SD3 was not intended and can in no way handle programs that start up hidden, and there are a few dozen. Besides that if you look inside SUD at the list of programs that start up without delay, you can only choose between these one's to delay. You have no idea how many other programs an services that start hidden, and believe me the list is long. Soluto handles those in a way to sort them out and as it were to let one start b4 another but w.o a delay (what Startup Delayer does with the one's in the list that are not hidden).

--- End quote ---
Well, I admit this might be a problem for someone. I don't care too much, because I'm using some utilities that evidently interfere with each other if loaded concurrently or in a wrong order. None of those starts hidden. By the way, Soluto displays a bunch of processes that cannot be handled at all. SD3 just omits them, which I consider a clearer approach.

So why not to stick with Soluto if it fits your needs? It didn't for me, so explained it here. SD3 simplified my life, that's all I wanted to share.

JimB:
I have Vista and it is worse than a vampire. The main thing is that Soluto mostly handles startups that you cannot find anywhere and not at all in a program that checks out what is starting up with your computer. Also because there are programs and services you cannot and should not interfere with. For example do you or will you ever see explorer.exe among the list ? Of course not because if that wouldn't start you're computer wouldn't work at all. You will see it running when you start the Task Manager. I have 2 AM too and should leave for greener pastures too in my dreams.

This was a reply to both of you nice guys.

Grts.

CliffCawley:
Hi everyone! Thanks for using Startup Delayer 3.0, I hope its treating you all well :)

I've just released 3.0 build 299 over at http://www.r2.com.au/page/products/show/startdelay if you wanted to have the latest version.

JimB I noticed you were asking about a bug related to "waiting for time to pass". I can assure you that this problem is gone. Startup Delayer 3.0 is completely new software compared to 2.5. I've even added a feature in the Options window where you can tell Startup Delayer to wait for another application to start before launching the applications. Some users have specified Explorer.exe here to ensure that Explorer has completely initialized before they launch a special plugin for it.

To answer another question I saw, yes, Startup Delayer 3.0 will upgrade your 2.5 settings. It will also create a backup of them upon install. To make a backup yourself before you get started, backup the following folder:

Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\r2 Studios\Startup Delayer
Windowx Vista/7: C:\Users\All Users\r2 Studios\Startup Delayer

I don't always monitor these forums, but if you have any questions, feel free to use the contact form on my website: http://www.r2.com.au/contact

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version