ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

Startup Delayer

<< < (2/14) > >>

brotherS:
Just wish the interface was easier to use ... it would be so good to edit the delays in the table rather than have to open a properties page, and confirm you want to open it for each app ...
-CarolHaynes (November 02, 2005, 08:57 AM)
--- End quote ---
Err... did you notice that you can just click an app in there and move its bar from left to right, according to what you want? :D

Darwin:
Out of curiosity, and not to appear too lazy :D, how does PCMag's StartupCop Pro 2 (http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,1895,1830362,00.asp) compare to this? I've just downloaded and installed Startup Delayer and in the course of setting it up, it occurred to me that this is functionality that SCCPro shares.  Just wondered if anyone has experience with both apps?

Cheers,

Mike

Carol Haynes:
Out of curiosity, and not to appear too lazy cheesy, how does PCMag's StartupCop Pro 2
--- End quote ---

Out of curiosity, and not to appear too lazy :D, how does PCMag's StartupCop Pro 2compare to this?-Darwin (November 02, 2005, 09:59 AM)
--- End quote ---

I would guess the reviews on the page you posted should give caution.

Of course the other big difference is price  :-[

Err... did you notice that you can just click an app in there and move its bar from left to right, according to what you want? :D
-brotherS (November 02, 2005, 09:08 AM)
--- End quote ---

No I hadn't noticed that, and the help files are written for a different version so don't help!

Actually what I think would be nice is if the column where the delay is listed contained a slider for each app so that you don't have to do anything other than drag the slider from 0. By default all apps with 0 delay should be in their normal registry key, and only moved if a delay is entered.

Would make the whole thing instantly tweakable - and could still be reflected in the overview at the bottom - and so take a couple of minutes rather than the half hour it just took me.

The other change I'd like to see is to be able to simply select a block of apps (and change the order to the one you want by dragging) and then click on evenly space. That would really be neat. Maybe I'll drop the developer a line ... (I can say thanks then too)

Carol Haynes:
Anyone seen copycat on the same site ... looks really neat if you are using a network computer - or even the internet since it is IP based ...

mouser:
did you notice that you can just click an app in there and move its bar from left to right, according to what you want
--- End quote ---

that is pretty damn cool.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version