ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

Mini Review: Espresso

<< < (2/3) > >>

Deozaan:
Why are you bumping your own mini-review? What purpose does it serve and in what way is this considered acceptable behavior?

tomos:
.. in what way is this considered acceptable behavior?
-Deozaan (October 10, 2008, 12:57 AM)
--- End quote ---
dont really see why it should be considered unacceptable (?) :-\
... as to why he done it I could imagine but that's not really my call :)

allen:
It is a bit tacky to bump a review, in my opinion.  Furthermore, the review is not especially comprehensive.  And now I am pissed off.

It has no account setup wizard of any kind and gives no warning . . . I added my gmail account to it via pop 3, it proceeded to send an e-mail to EVERYONE notifying them that their message had been quarantined and will be deleted in 4 days if they don't reply.

Now maybe the readme file has this information, but if you're going to be auto-sending messages to everyone on my list you really better be giving me a great deal of notification of it before hand.  It should have warned me to import my contacts *first*, and it should have let me know what it was going to do. I wanted to check out a light weight mail client, instead I"m spending my morning sorting through bounced e-mails and apologizing to contacts for the confusion.

Unfortunately, your email address is not recognized as an approved sender by my email application, Espresso. Your message has not been deleted, but is being held pending verification of your email address.

To ensure your message is delivered, simply reply to this email with the verification code listed below in the subject line. This is a one-time process. All future messages from the email address listed below will automatically be accepted.

Address pending verification: [email protected]
Verification code: F770082F1D55AFAA

Please be aware that if you do not verify your email address by replying to this message within 4 day(s), Espresso will automatically delete your original message.

Espresso is a leader in client based, anti-spam technology utilizing permissions. To learn more about Espresso and how it can help you eliminate all spam from your inbox, please visit http://www.kidmoses.com.
--- End quote ---

Sonofabitch.

f0dder:
Ugh, that's nasty behavior! :o

Darwin:
Easy enough to *bump* a review without *bumping* it... Just drop in to post a question: "What did people think of my review" or "Has anyone tried this application? What are you experiences, four months on". I'm sure that's more or less what zero3k was after - some further feedback.

Allen, that is a nightmare story! After you AINOP story, you'll excuse me if I refuse to shake your hand should we ever meet! Don't want any bad luck to rub off on me  :o

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version