ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Queueing downloads in firefox

<< < (2/3) > >>

lanux128:
for a Firefox user, between FlashGot and FDM, you'd have all the bases covered.

mediaguycouk:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/201

Download them all has proved to be brilliant. Out of the way when I don't want it and powerful when I do.

sri:
DownThemAll! is what you want.

kimmchii:
for a Firefox user, between FlashGot and FDM, you'd have all the bases covered.
-lanux128 (July 06, 2008, 08:56 PM)
--- End quote ---
thats what i use too.

steeladept:
DownThemAll! is what you want.
-sri (July 07, 2008, 06:11 AM)
--- End quote ---

I too use DownThemAll!  I used to use GetRight, and I still love its feature set and interface, but DownThemAll! has all the same features (well they both have the ones I use is a better way of saying it) and is better integrated in Firefox.  Now a GetRight extention that embeds itself - hey, I should look into that  ;)

Anyway, the way I do what you are saying is by throttling the number of simultaneous downloads.  Both of these managers do this.  Unfortunately I am at work and can't show you GetRight, but in DTA, it is here (pic from their web site & edited w/ a nice little proggy called Screenshot Captor.  Anyone hear of it? :P):

What makes this nice is you can set it to download 100 files if you want, but it will only download the first 4 connections it makes.  Once one is done, it replaces it with the next one.  If you need to shutdown for the day, it will resume where you left off (once you tell it to start up once again) and it will keep the list as well.  I believe this is what you asked for, isn't it?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version