ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > FARR Plugins and Aliases

Plugin: AlbumDisplayer (BETA)

<< < (3/5) > >>

Nod5:
Is there a way to let me display all albums? like typing "alb *" or something?
-TucknDar (July 17, 2008, 04:30 AM)
--- End quote ---
Good suggestion! I'll look into making * a catch all search term. One problem though: the plugin currently only displays up to 100 matches (the 100 first matches). I added that because when testing on more files FARR seemed to slow down/freeze while loading the images. I'll see if that can be avoided.

re: folder.jpg, yes that's some sort of standard naming scheme. Used by Windows Explorer and other programs to display album art. You can add the folder.jpg files manually or through some program/script.

Lashiec, what other naming conventions do you have in mind?

TucknDar:
a few common names I can think of are front.jpg and cover.jpg. I've seen both used several times.

Lashiec:
Lashiec, what other naming conventions do you have in mind?
-Nod5 (July 17, 2008, 04:11 PM)
--- End quote ---

What TucknDar said. There are others, but practically of them are personal conventions, instead of something extended, except for those which use the same name as the folder or the album to which the cover belongs.

Nod5:
ok, I've got the * search working. To avoid freezing, I set the plugin to display the 100 first images and then inject 100 more each time the user scrolls to the end of the page. I can't upload the new version from where I am now but I will do that later.

When using just folder.jpg I only had to index the folder names. I can easily make an option to let the user change that from folder.jpg to whatever and leave the rest of the code intact. But supporting mixed image names on one system (some folder.jpg and some front.jpg) would require some more recoding.

TucknDar:
for the .jpg stuff, I normally just rename to folder.jpg anyway, since that's supported by more players, so not a big deal (for me, and let's face it, I'm at the centre of the universe!!!).

Looking forward to the 'alb *' release :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version